Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with Muse site on Chrome Mobile

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I seem to just keep running into problems lately! I apologize. haha.

I've noticed that since switching my site to Go Daddy for hosting, my site for some reason fails to load on Chrome Mobile in Android systems. Literally every other browser works, except for Chrome Mobile on Android.

Any help with figuring out what is going on would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

I bet, this has nothing to do with GoDaddy.

Your site is an adaptive site with an extra phone layout. When a phone user visites your site, he is redirected to the phone version. and exactly this isn’t possible any more with the newest(!) chrome for Android version. Google prevents redirections in this version (there are several threads in this forum dealing with this issue).

Solutions:

• Make your site responsive, so that no phone layout is necessary any more.
  • Try to use the code snippet, provided in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies. The site is https://www.journeystn.org.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet, this has nothing to do with GoDaddy.

Your site is an adaptive site with an extra phone layout. When a phone user visites your site, he is redirected to the phone version. and exactly this isn’t possible any more with the newest(!) chrome for Android version. Google prevents redirections in this version (there are several threads in this forum dealing with this issue).

Solutions:

• Make your site responsive, so that no phone layout is necessary any more.
  • Try to use the code snippet, provided in this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2629798?start=40&tstart=0​, but be aware, that this only is a temporary workaround.
  • As far as I know (I don’t use Google software), you can allow redirections by changing the Chrome settings, but this is not a solution for different reasons and doesn’t guarantee, that the visitors of your site are aware of this option.

The underlying problem is, that you may encounter this kind of issues more and more in the future, because Muse isn’t under development any more and nobody will update the application to match the output code to actual changes in the way, browsers are working. Welcome in the world of Google’s market dominance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where I should coppy in Muse this the code snipet ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply and concise answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THE FIX: Muse Theme's Mobile Redirect widget. You will have to do this for every Muse site that has a non-responsive Mobile version: https://www.muse-themes.com/blogs/news/redirect-fix. IMPORTANT NOTE: To download the free widget, you will have to enter your name and email address in the gray signup box under the header image, and sign up for their emails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines