• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with this error - "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author."

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have re uploaded a website that I have previously not had any issues with and when I did so I now I receive this error... "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author." I have tried to do just about everything in the forms upon researching this problem and nothing will help.

I have also created another website completely unrelated to the first and I am still receiving this error. I am afraid to edit an other existing website I have for fear of this error showing up on those websites as well.

Any suggestions? I need to fix this problem immediately!!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Please install the latest release which includes fix for this issue :

Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share the error message and site address. We can isolate further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are two websites that this is happening to. vaporhausdayton.com and dripkrew.com

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 2.52.39 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as above and cannot get rid of :

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.

I had no issues before using the latest version: Muse 2017.0.2.6

I have cleared the cache, on all the browsers, completely deleted all files on the Bluehost server, re-uploaded the entire site. Called Bluehost tech support, they could not help except to say that message is in the html code and to contact Adobe.

This is very frustrating, I had been a big fan of Muse.  I have over 250 web pages on the site and every one that I have attempted to access comes up with this message.  Once I click Ok the site works and looks fine until I go to a new page. Then the dreaded "Some files on the server..." message appears again. I have hundreds of customers who expect the site to work. This cannot go on! Site name: lighthousemaps.com

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you fix it? It runs perfectly, not as mine does...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on a third-party host or Business Catalyst? If it's third party and you have access to the server via FTP, try deleting all the site files manually then upload from fresh.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, check this doc - Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing and see it helps you eliminating the issue.

Regarding,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue. I have tried everything on this page: Some files on the server may be incorrect or missing as well as deleting all files and re-uploading both through html export with FileZilla and uploading to FTP through Muse. A colleague tried uploading several ways as well and the error still persists.

It happened after the most recent Muse update.

thank you

-ashley

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Even after trying everything mentioned in the above doc if you are still facing this issue, I suggest you Contact Customer Care and check with them regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem and have since September, before the last update. Emptying the cache does do the trick but I can't ask my client – and all their users – to empty their caches every time we update their site. And it isn't just the one site, it happens on my other Muse site as well. And for me the error message appears repeatedly in Safari but not Firefox.

I got nowhere with Contact Customer Care and been through the issues in the table. Can a reply please be posted with a solution or a link to an Adobe rep who might know current thinking.

Thanks. Cheers. Thanks again. Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please install the latest release which includes fix for this issue :

Muse 2017.0.2 is now live

Thanks,

Sanjit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am on the latest update and still getting the "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author." I have checked assets and re-linked. I am only getting this error on the server and not localhost. Also the error is only shown on http://www.mydomain.com and not on http://mydomain.com. So I don't see the error message if I remove the www from the url in the address bar and website displays okay although I have also noticed that when inspecting elements in chrome, I see 5 errors:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)              null

GET http://mydomain.com/null 404 (Not Found)                                                            null:1

GET http://mydomain.com/null 404 (Not Found)                                                            null:1

I am assuming the above 4 of the above error is somehow related to my 4 breakpoints. If I click on the null:1, it shows me a non existent null file (with no extension) in the images folder. I really regret using Muse to create this site as I thought it would be quicker and simpler. Please advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as above and cannot get rid of : 

Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author.

I had no issues before using the latest version: Muse 2017.0.2.6

I have cleared the cache, on all the browsers, completely deleted all files on the Bluehost server, re-uploaded the entire site. Called Bluehost tech support, they could not help except to say that message is in the html code and to contact Adobe.

This is very frustrating, I had been a big fan of Muse.  I have over 250 web pages on the site and every one that I have attempted to access comes up with this message.  Once I click Ok the site works and looks fine until I go to a new page. Then the dreaded "Some files on the server..." message appears again. I have hundreds of customers who expect the site to work. This cannot go on! Site name: lighthousemaps.com

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighthousemaps.com how did you get your site to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you get your site to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not been resolved in 2017.0.2.

I am still forced to remove all files from the server and upload all of our updated files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not help anymore.

The problem came back again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt this issue will ever get resolved as it goes back to 2014. 3 Years and still the same so  don't get your hopes up for a solution anytime soon. Sorry but that is the hard truth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, the problem started with this version. Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it only happens in chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes its seems to only happen when I view a site in Chrome...Firefox seems to be ok....but it needs to be fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on safary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this or remove this error message entirely. There is no need for it to be there. If there was a file missing on the server, the site would be either down, or there would be an image or asset missing and that's up to the designer to fix. We don't need this message please remove it! It's wreaking havoc on all of my websites and my clients are not HAVING ANY OF IT. It's now been 8 days and this is completely unacceptable Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time I have had this issue and through my two days of research I have come to the realization that the only fix can be done with an update from Adobe. I am getting this error in every browser. I am only using the one widget and that widget is the Muse standard blank composition widget. I am using the latest Muse update. I have located the code on each of my pages and tried to delete out the error message and it just leaves my pages blank. I have deleted all files on my server and re uploaded via muse and tried re uploading from html export and I still get the message. I am NOT using business catalyst.

This really is a useless warning. It is 2017. If there is a missing asset I would see it in my layout when it is live and I can easily go in and fix. This is not a suggestion but a customer(s) request to just get rid of this script altogether.

I and all the other people who are having to explain this issue to their clients, would like to know why or how this was allowed to be in Muse. Was there a monthly meeting that required new ideas no matter how inefficient they may be, to be presented? Is it ok for Adobe.com to be showing this error on their web site(s):

"Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author."

I have to consider either going back to Dreamweaver or some other 3rd party web developer program.

Please someone make the executive decision to just get rid of whatever was designed to produce that message so everyone can enjoy their websites.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said. I am also getting this issue now in my latest site. I have tried deleting all files on the server and reuploading. I believe I am on the latest Muse release but I will check when I get home to make sure. I have tried uploading with exported HTML as well. I agree this error is a terrible idea even if there is a missing asset. It is making my clients site look really unprofessional and now I am scrambling to figure out a solution.

covetentcompany.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines