• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with uploading to Business Catalyst

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - total web design newbie here, having *huge* problems with uploading muse to BC.

So it looks fine when I preview it, and after uploading to BC I can view it fine on Chrome but not on Internet Explorer (yes, I know, the client is still using IE, I can't do anything about this)

Here is how it looks on Chrome

MuseChrome.PNG

and here it is on IE - the graphic assets are missing, the webfont looks damaged and the footer has jumped to the top of the page.

MuseIE.PNG

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Someone suggested that the names of the graphics are too long and spread all over our servers, but I've tried shortening file names, adding to Muse from Adobe CC library and saving AI files as SVGs, and it doesn't make any difference...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Muse uses the latest versions of browsers for testing, and it is likely that the code in Muse isn't supported in Internet Explorer. This is the most likely cause of your running into issues.

Can you try opening your site in the latest versions of Edge and Fireworks? Let us know how your site looks.You can publish your site and share the URL with us here for testing.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

That's strange, we generally don't see this  type of issues with sites hosted on Business Catalyst.

However can you please share your site URL so we can have a look at it?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankush

Here is the site - let me know what you think might be happening.

Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys - any ideas on this? I need to get some answers to the client...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse uses the latest versions of browsers for testing, and it is likely that the code in Muse isn't supported in Internet Explorer. This is the most likely cause of your running into issues.

Can you try opening your site in the latest versions of Edge and Fireworks? Let us know how your site looks.You can publish your site and share the URL with us here for testing.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the missing parts from the site need a script to run... I would first assume that your client is using some proxy | firewall setting to block the needed files but as you point out we don't really have any control over that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines