Highlighted

JavaScript Error?

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep on getting this error on all versions of the website: JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined.

I tried re-uploading the file, clearing browsers and no success. I a not hosting on BC. I am using the latest Muse update version. Can't find the culprit for this error. Any ideas?

It shows on chrome, firefox and safari Mobile versions on the 1ST load and compositions don't work but after refreshing the browser it doesn't show again (sometimes it does), of course this is not an option as a solution for my client. I have read and tried other answers found in this forum but no luck.

Screenshot_2017-06-08-13-30-57.png

Thanks

Hi Preran,

Yes you are correct I replaced the Menu widget and the problem was solved. Apparently the Musegain widget is not mobile versions compatible. Thanks for your reply and help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

JavaScript Error?

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep on getting this error on all versions of the website: JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: TypeError: Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined.

I tried re-uploading the file, clearing browsers and no success. I a not hosting on BC. I am using the latest Muse update version. Can't find the culprit for this error. Any ideas?

It shows on chrome, firefox and safari Mobile versions on the 1ST load and compositions don't work but after refreshing the browser it doesn't show again (sometimes it does), of course this is not an option as a solution for my client. I have read and tried other answers found in this forum but no luck.

Screenshot_2017-06-08-13-30-57.png

Thanks

Hi Preran,

Yes you are correct I replaced the Menu widget and the problem was solved. Apparently the Musegain widget is not mobile versions compatible. Thanks for your reply and help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 08, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use any 3rd party widgets? If so, you should ask the inventor of these widgets.

Uwe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only used a slide show from a widget and a menu (both from Musegain) I used the menu on previous projects and there was (or still is) no problem, however there is a warning after uploading the project (find screenshot below) from that particular widget, the rest is stock compositions and effects from muse.

I will replace the slideshow with a stock one and load the project into  a subdomain and see results. What I noticed is that, after dismissing the warning, the elements not working are the two compositions in the page, the slideshow works fine. I just tried to open the page portfolio on my mobile and it gives me the same error, and there is no third party elements in there just the same composition from the home page, as a matter of fact that is all there is on that page (plus master page elements) It is starting to look like a Muse bug since it is only the pages that contain the compositions from Muse stock. I just went through the whole site. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like some code in the widgets is causing this issue. I suggest contacting Muse Gain for assistance.

javascript - Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'toLowerCase' of undefined - Stack Overflow

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2017 0
Preran LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming Urbansol. It will help other users with a similar question in the future.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2017 0