• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

javascript exception: error calling selector function: error: invalid argument

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!! Internet Explorer will not show our website.

www.vanguard-fire.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Confirmed. Removed native basic slideshow and the website opens in IE with no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello J. Naimo,

This error generally comes because of any incompatible third-party widgets or an HTML snippet.

Please try removing the Nav System Pro loader widget of MuseThemes and see if it works fine.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with IE. Other browsers work fine. If I remove Nav Pro on a live site then there is no site navigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just for testing. If we find any flaw with the widget it can be reported to the seller and they can take care of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as far as I can tell the only page having issues is the home page. NavPro and Search Essentials work fine on the other pages. So that narrows it down to the stupid slideshow which is a native muse composition widget. Unless you can see something in the code that says otherwise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In IE if I navigate to an internal page NAV PRO and SEARCH work fine. So, I narrowed it down to the home page and the only element left is Muse native composition slideshow. I hid it on all breakpoints, republished and no javascript error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, this is what same I intended to do for drilling down the issue.

Could you please try rebuilding the composition and see if it works fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I replaced the composition widget with native basic slideshow and I am still getting errors. It has to be Muse issue because when the widget is removed I get no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, can you please upload the same site to Business Catalyst for test and see if still appears?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. Removed native basic slideshow and the website opens in IE with no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have tested your issue against internal fixes and its working fine.

These fixes are available in pre-release program - https://www.adobeprerelease.com

Please join muse pre-release and help us by providing your feedback.

Precautions:

Since this is a preview of Adobe Muse CC, do not deploy this build in the production environment.

Back up your site before working with this build.

Save your work frequently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines