• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function. Issue with breakpoints

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting this error: JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: TypeError: $( '.breakpoint' ).registerBreakpoint is not a function. (In '$( '.breakpoint' ).registerBreakpoint()', '$( '.breakpoint' ).registerBreakpoint' is undefined)

Breakpoints are not working for a specific site. Works fine for all others. When scaling browser to a breakpoint under the main, everything goes white until the page is reloaded.

TOPICS
Error , Responsive design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you figure out the fix action for this?  I have the same problem now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a fix action for it.  I deleted all scripts in the HTML header of the master page and re-uploaded the site after that (re-upload changed pages only, which in this case was all pages since the master page applied to all pages).  No more errors.  I only had scripts in the HTML header of the master page, nowhere else.  I had the following scripts there:  Google analytics, cookiebot consent form, and robot text.  Today I will start putting the scripts back again, one by one.  Not sure which one thing caused the problem though.  Maybe just the fact of re-uploading the whole site fixed the action, or maybe there was indeed a problem with the HTML header scripts.  PS:  I am not a profesional web developer.  I also must admit that I had just changed the google analytics script from one account to another account, by selecting, deleteing, and pasting the new script into the HTML header of the master page....maybe I did not delete the entire old script correctly....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Muse is End of Life.  It was discontinued in 2018.

Suggest you spend a weekend learning proper HTML syntax.  It's essential if you intend to work with code.

=====================================
Read chapters, do code exercises and take quizzes at the end.
- https://www.w3schools.com/html/
- https://www.w3schools.com/css/
- https://www.w3schools.com/js/

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines