• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: MUSE ERROR when publishing as HTML

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: SecurityError: Failed to read the 'contentDocument' property from 'HTMLIFrameElement': Blocked a frame with origin "null" from accessing a cross-origin frame.

When I export a page in Muse, publishing it as HTML, I get the error above. I am using the most recent 2018 version of Muse and google Chrome.

I have read that removing some code in the html file fixes it and that is true, but I am dealing with kids doing this and that is too hard for them to do. So, I need a solution please anyone.

Adobe, are you working on this? I believe it is an incorrect iframe code published that causes it (class="animationContainer an_invi"), so perhaps you could fix the problem for us all.

I notice this occurs when you add an OAM file into the Muse document. But an OAM file is an Animate file designed to be added to Muse so that SWF files are not used. the whole point is Adobe are supposed to make adding animations to Muse easy???

Really need a solution....:(

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dawnr,

Many apologies to find you in this trouble.

However, would you mind sharing your .muse file with us so that we can investigate and try fixing it?

For sharing the file you can follow the steps explained here - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652 and send the link to me in a private message.

For doing a private message hover the mouse on my picture and click "message".

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have sent you the file. Please let me know if you have a solution. Have looked at other forums and this seems to be a problem to many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I didn't receive your file yet, can you please check and resend me the same?

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have shared the muse file link to you again in a message

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the file now, thanks for sharing it with me.

Also allow me sometime to do my testings and find the root cause of issue.

-Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge.oam animation file not working in Muse

Link above to the same problem I am having - as soon as I remove the OAM file, the page exports and displays fine.

I have tried publishing again form animate, tried a new animation and it makes no difference. Any oam file added to muse causes this export error. It also prevents any buttons from loading. So whatever this glitch is, if it can be fixed, then I assume the buttons would also load.

If I remove the HTML CODE class="animationContainer an_invi" then the page is fine, so how can Muse stop writing this code? I cannot do this for many pages, and it means everytime I export, I have to delete this CSS code. there has to be a fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dawnr,

I would like to, confirm if this is not an issue with your hosting provider.

Can you please upload this file on business catalyst as a test and see if same error shows up?

-Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am working in a school so the students simply export the pages as HTML. they do not use business catalyst. Not even sure what this is, or if students could use it.

As I mentioned, the removal of that code does fix it, but I would not imagine I should have to edit the code after exporting. It must be an error with adding oam files, as the error disappears when I remove the oam file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dawnr13046886  schrieb

they do not use business catalyst. Not even sure what this is, or if students could use it.

Not too complicated. If you use one single CC - Account there´s a limit of 100 websites.

This may be different if you use a school account or students account.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-14 um 13.58.25.png

The address of the certain sites is :  whateveryoulike.businesscatalyst.com

It doesn`t get crawled and so it will not be found on google.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi many thanks but..

this would be no good as the students have to send the HTML files to an examiner so that is why they are using the export as html option, which works fine except if an OAM file is added. All I really want is the programmer to fix the error code that is generated so that I can continue to use this software.

I am aware there are hacks to fix it but they should not be necessary.

Students simply want to add an OAM animation from animate and display their HTML page...

I just don't see why this has not been fixed. It keeps popping up by other users as an on-going issue.

I should add that the page loads in firefox but not chrome/IE. Perhaps this is key??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here you can see with one of the websites from your students, if it is a server side error or a muse error.

If you publish it to BC and all works as expected it is a server side error.

To view the html of the students you also need a browser, right? Or is it uploaded to a host?

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opened on a browser.

Do you know what kind of server side error would cause this?

It would seem that many people are experiencing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I am not familiar with OAM and what to care about, when export it and embed it into Muse.

Do you, do they try to open the index.html with a browser or is the muse viewed at when the site is uploaded to a ftp-server?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opened through Google Chrome, the index file. OAM is simply an animation type from Adobe animate instead of flash.

As mentioned above, removing that class code does fix the problem, but there should not be a need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe (and it is really a MAYBE) the file works as expected, once it is published to a server? Would you mind to publish it to BC as a provisional website? You can delete it right after it was published, when you follow the steps to add somebody to inbrowserediting.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the file should work when it is exported as HTML. I should not need to upload to BC.

Even if it worked on there, the problem still exists

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks there are some It restrictions at your school which are blocking the code to run.

Also, there are few codes which need to be rendered from the server, for example, a youtube video or a specific self-hosted web font.

I suggest you have a work with your IT team if there are any restrictions on the domain and can unblock it, which could resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines