• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function..... NEED HELP URGENLY!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly I've started getting the following error messages on the web site www.moromusic.com:

JavaScript exception: Error calling selector function: TypeError:Object doesn't support property ormethod 'museMenu'

Javascript exception: Error calling selector function: TypeError: $(elem).museMenu is not a function.  (In '$(elem).museMenu()','$(elem).museMenu' is undefined)

And the videos on that site have stopped working.   Until recently, everything worked perfectly.

I'm desperate.  Moro is after me to FIX this fast and I have no idea how.
And this situation affects ALL my Muse sites.  Is this a bug you need to fix???

TOPICS
Bugs , Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

I removed the menu on the left and previewed the site, navigating by page name.  I didn't see that javascript error mentioning the menu. BUT..... on the videos page, the embedded YouTube playlists don't show up.   And on the pages pertaining to musical albums, the sample music / players have disappeared.

Then I removed the Cookiebot widget and the videos worked in test.  Seems that COOKIEBOT is the culprit.  So, I added the menu back in and voila!  Everything works again, without any JavaScript e

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The site works on my side. Which one exactly does not work? I cannot check the whole website, I guess?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thank you for responding!  The javascript error comes up on every page. 
The videos on both video pages don't work.  I tried multiple browsers.

The music samples on the album pages don't appear or play.  If I knew how to debug this I would but I don't.

I did notice I had two different versions of Muse installed so I uninstalled the older version.  I really don't know what to do to fix javascript.  Is it possible the Muse files are corrupted? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, let´s see what happens if I call for ankushr40215001.

He solved once an issue with a javascript-exception error buta different type of error.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/javascript-exception-error-calling-selector-function/m-p/9294728...

I must admit not to have a clue as your error seems not to be found in the muse forum so far.

Did you use any 3rd party widgets or added some html to the site or did anyone add some html or any code to the site?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Uwe,
I have embedded HTML on the site (YouTube videos) and some widgets provided by Muse, not sure which are 3rd party...  I'm the only one who worked on it, so I'm the only one who could have messed it up that way.    I tried restoring the site to a prior state from a backup online, but that failed.  No idea what to do next, I'm going crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Moodesigns,

I passed you overe to Preran - he will contact the team of technique and they might come up to you, I guess.

Kind  Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I appreciate any help I can get!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like a problem with one of the widgets. Can you try deleting them one by one and see if you can find the one that is causing it? For further assistance, I suggest getting in touch with us directly using thsi link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m Use the chat button to get started. 

Inform the agent of the troubleshooting steps you have performed so far so that you don't end up repeating them.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the menu on the left and previewed the site, navigating by page name.  I didn't see that javascript error mentioning the menu. BUT..... on the videos page, the embedded YouTube playlists don't show up.   And on the pages pertaining to musical albums, the sample music / players have disappeared.

Then I removed the Cookiebot widget and the videos worked in test.  Seems that COOKIEBOT is the culprit.  So, I added the menu back in and voila!  Everything works again, without any JavaScript errors popping up.

Not putting  the Cookiebot widget back on the site.  Any other recommended methods of cookie compliance that I could add?  I'm worried about EU compliance.  Would it be worth trying cookiebot again?

THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So again it is the 3rd party widget, I was asking, remember? Great that you got help - thanks Preran - Great support.

Kind Regards to everybody,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines