• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

jQuery 3+

New Here ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A client just told me that I have to be sure I'm using 'jQuery 3+'.

I have no idea what this means. I have searched and searched and cannot find anything with Muse and jQuery 3+.

Is this a file I need to update to something else after exporting the HTML from Muse?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jquery is a code type like Bootstrap ... Muse uses both [under the bonnet] but mostly Bootstrap

you could make your own widgets with brackets if you want to ensure jquery 3+ but imo the fact that you don't know what basic code types are then it will be a major undertaking to teach yourself advanded coding before the end of life timer on Muse runs out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client said to be sure to use the 'latest version which is jQuery 3+'. Since I won't be able to do this, is this a big deal? Is it a security concern or something like that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jQuery is a JavaScript library used by millions of websites.  The latest jQuery is hosted on jQuery's CDN (Content Distribution Network).  Remove your current jQuery code link and replace it with this one.  Keep in mind, you will need to do this every time you use Muse.

<!--Latest jQuery Minified Library-->

<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.4.1.min.js"

integrity="sha256-CSXorXvZcTkaix6Yvo6HppcZGetbYMGWSFlBw8HfCJo="crossorigin="anonymous">

</script>

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A typical Nancy OShea ´s (Coders) answer . Where does one REPLACE a code, done from Muse?

Where to find it? I really love you coders out there (without you, Muse would be just impossible) but

answers alway must be pulled out of noses with heavy tools (because most of you must be from other planets?)

Replacing code also means, that Muses IBE won`t function anymore, right?

I am missing that Ultra Twisk should first learn Code, not to mention that one has to understand it as well first

Really love it.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

fotoroeder  wrote

Where does one REPLACE a code, done from Muse? Where to find it? I really love you coders out there (without you, Muse would be just impossible) but answers always must be pulled out of noses with heavy tools (because most of you must be from other planets?)

Yes, Uwe.  We coders come from a distant galaxy far, far away from yours...

This just goes to show why using a code generator like Muse for client projects is such a bad idea.  You have almost no control over the code Muse uses until you publish it to HTML and open it inside a code editor like Brackets or Dreamweaver.  The relevant line of code will vary depending on your project.  But it should resemble this.  Use Ctrl+F to find it.

<!-- Load jQuery -->

<script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/2.1.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

Incidentally, all code libraries like jQuery are constantly being updated to work with newer scripts.  And since Muse is no longer being updated, you have to do this manually.  Or as Ussnorway said, build a custom widget for it.  Or maybe just stop using Muse for client projects. 

Replacing code also means, that Muses IBE won`t function anymore, right?

I can't answer that.  I don't how much  Muse's In Browser Editing relies on jQuery.   I'll let one of you guys test it

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no there isn't a security issue to using Jquery ... asking for the latest version always sounds like a good idea to people unsure and its normally some tracker or other script plugin which needs a min level

if you want to use a certain jquery then you would make or hire a custom widget... this widget is made with a framework software called brackets and Nancy shows how you would ask for updates in your code and just to be clear a user [like myself] can always decide that they don't want to load the type of jquery you point too so they can block your script which is outside your control

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines