• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last version of adobe muse is constantly freezing

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last update adobe muse (french version) is constantly freezing on window 8. never had this problem before this update who was supposed to fix bugs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

After testing I think the problem is the Vimeo widget.

What happens: after placing the Vimeo widget on a design page and you go back to Plan you can't open a design page anymore when double clicking. It feels as if muse is freezing and you want to quit to relaunch the software; on 'Ouit' muse does freeze and you have to force quit.

At this moment I am working around this by not double clicking the design pages in my Plan (because nothing happens). I keep working by using 'cmd J' (go to go page) an

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure, does Muse freeze when using it or opening it? If it freezes when using, does it happen to all projects or just some?

If Muse freezes when you open it try the following:

Try restoring preferences using the solution here Muse preferences corruption

If that doesn't work, uninstall Muse. Ensure that you select the option to delete preferences during uninstall. After that has been done, reinstall Muse.

As an extreme and final measure, try uninstalling using the Creative Cloud Cleaner Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems and reinstalling.

Let us know if that helped, or if you still need more assistance.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the anwser but no, Muse is freezing when using it. When I try to work on a another page on my website, the page I was working on become grey in the opening window. Have the same problem on the other project to. Sometime I'm able to save it and then it freeze. I got to force it to quit every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem after update to Muse 2017.0.3 I'm running OS X 10.11.6, the program not responding like an emergent window activated, I can open al menu, but everything is in gray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all those that are facing this issue, do you have any third-party widget or custom HTML code in your page? It is possible that they could be causing the issue.

To verify if that is the case, try removing widgets and custom code one by one to isolate the issue.

If you are in a rush, you can contact Adobe Customer Care contact-bumper  for investigation. Muse is listed under Creative Cloud.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only widget I have is the ones who came with adobe muse ( I am using the vimeo social widget) but no custom code at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try removing that widget and see if it helps?

The team tells me that there is a known issue with the video widgets in the current version of Muse resulting in performance issues. They are still investigating.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Muse constantly freezing - windows going grey on the Planning page.  Have been using Muse for a few years with no problems before this. I do have the video Vimeo widget in my site which could be the problem.

Running OS X 10.12.5  with Muse 2017.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

As per your issue description, I find this quite relative to a bug appeared in current update of Muse with Youtube and Vimeo widgets.

Please confirm if you have placed a Youtube or Vimeo widget on your site and try removing it to see if the issue resolves.

We have already raised a bug for this issue and looking for more use cases to prioritize the hotfix.

I request all the other community members as well to update this thread with their respective observations.

Your cooperation will be appreciated.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem after updating, making me nuts. I tested if 3rd party widgets were the problem, but no. I am using the Vimeo widget, maybe thats the problem. I have yet to test that.

I need a fix quick, I have a huge client waiting...

Running latest Muse on OSX 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please take latest Muse from creative cloud 2017.0.4. It fixes the issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the support and latest update!

Regards,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, the problem only appear when I use the Vimeo Widget.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After testing I think the problem is the Vimeo widget.

What happens: after placing the Vimeo widget on a design page and you go back to Plan you can't open a design page anymore when double clicking. It feels as if muse is freezing and you want to quit to relaunch the software; on 'Ouit' muse does freeze and you have to force quit.

At this moment I am working around this by not double clicking the design pages in my Plan (because nothing happens). I keep working by using 'cmd J' (go to go page) and I can keep saving the project. Muse wil not freeze as long as I don't use 'Quit'. After my last save I just move an item in my design and go to 'Revert Site' and click 'Yes'. The site closes but reverting does not work and the site does not relaunch but at that moment my project is still saved and now I can use 'Quit' in muse.

Running OS X 10.12.5  with Muse 2017.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information, and workaround as well.

The engineering team has started working on this bug and hopefully, we will be able to a hotfix soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines