• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers not giving option to see sublayers after save

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I some work on a site, learning to use Muse.  Everything worked great, until...

I saved the project, then opened it a few hours later, and now I can't see an arrow near the title of each layer in order to click down, and then see all the sublayers.

Also, I lost some stying on a few buttons, specifically borders.

I'm using Muse though Adobe CC, on a 2017 Macbook Pro, newest Mac OS.

The only thing different between the initial work (when everything was working fine) to now, is that I'm using a wireless mouse and keyboard.  Can't imagine why that would make a difference, but in effort to give as much info as I have, I included.

Any guidance to fix this, or how to avoid this issue in the future would be appreciated.

Moderator: Moved to Muse forum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Only to make sure:

• You place an object on your master page.
  • If you now are working on this master page in design mode and open the „Layers“ panel, there should be a triangle in front of the layer entry to show the layer content.
  • If you working on a layout page, this triangle isn’t there, as long as you don’t place elements on your layout page into this layer. (In this case, the elements, placed into this layer, won’t be visible on master page.)
  • Images, used as a page fill or a browser fill won’t app

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If elements only exist on a master page, and you look at the layers entry on a layout page, you can’t see the „content“ of the layer and the „triangle“ in front,  because you can’t modify this content in this situation. This is true the other way round too.

You only can „open“ a layer on a page, which has content in this layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info.  Of note, in neither option are the layers viewable.  Be it "master" or "home" . (I'm only dealing with those two...)

Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as we can see the image it must be on a layer, right? The only exception, you used browser fill with that image.

If not, show us a .muse with only this page and its master. Save it with a new name into your Creative Cloud Files and by right-click, share that link with us.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!!  I couldn't figure out how to send file, but it seems everyone that suggested that I was looking in the wrong place was correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only to make sure:

• You place an object on your master page.
  • If you now are working on this master page in design mode and open the „Layers“ panel, there should be a triangle in front of the layer entry to show the layer content.
  • If you working on a layout page, this triangle isn’t there, as long as you don’t place elements on your layout page into this layer. (In this case, the elements, placed into this layer, won’t be visible on master page.)
  • Images, used as a page fill or a browser fill won’t appear in the layers panel at all.

To visualize this:

If you don’t encounter one of these situations, you should give us your .muse file to have a look at. Please delete all unrelated pages and objects,  upload this .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joe,

Sorry to hear but I am not able to understand your issue.

Can you please share any visual references like a screenshot which we can see and find the error?

Thanks,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 4.55.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for you help!   And I probably could have just typed this one time to everyone!!  lol .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines