Exit

Layout issues with the new update?

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Guys

My Website is uploading all over the place - www.earthynourishment.com

I have been told this is due to the latest Muse update and that you are working on it?

Can anyone shed some light on this as I was meant to launch LAST WEEK Arggh.

I can't really afford to wait weeks more

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, unfortunately your best bet right now is to reinstall the older version of muse. I hope you made a backup of your file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have been told this already today so I should give it ago..

I have numerous versions of the file saved!

But, this might sound stupid, I am with creative cloud, so how the heck do I install an older version of muse? can I just grab this from google? which version would it need to be ?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this screencast, to see, how to revert to the last version:

Alternatively, you may sign into the Muse Prerelease forum and try the newest bugfix prerelease version, which installs alongside to your actual version and doesn't interfere with it: https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, will check this out in the morning, thanks very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know which is the best version to go for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I have been told this already today so I should give it ago..

I have numerous versions of the file saved!

But, this might sound stupid, I am with creative cloud, so how the heck do I install an older version of muse? can I just grab this from google? which version would it need to be ?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can downgrade in creative cloud. There is an option called "view in previous version"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't want to try the prerelease version, then use version 2017.0.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, So I've tried it on three of the old versions and it it still showing the same problem.

Am I missing something?

The file I am uploading has been designed on the newest version, is that the issue? Should I be using an older file version?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are going to have to open an older version of the file on the older version of Muse.  Because once you open a muse file in the updated version of Muse, that file has now been converted to that upgraded version as well.  Opening that same file in an older version of Muse will not fix the problem.  Once you let the new version of Muse touch any file, that file now will always have the problems we are experiencing, until Adobe fixes all the bugs... which by they way, WE ARE ALL STILL WAITING, ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thought so, grrr, Ok thanks for the detailed response Adrian!

Pretty much a shitty to bug to have right? I mean it really does mess up the entire website so they do really need to hurry up with this! - Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi enyathackray, have you tried this fix in the new Muse version: https://adobe.ly/2vjkLuZ

It took care of all my vertical displacement issues so it may be worth a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2017 Sep 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much John

I will try it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have any news on this update yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None what so ever. The Muse team has been very quiet lately and its a bit worrying actually. Did you try the fix mulib? I found that it worked with the vertical problems but instead I have som new bug issues horizontally with breakpoints. I hope that no news is good news and the Muse Team are working like mad to solve the problems with this latest release. We are not a'mused!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bloody hell - It's such a major issue too, I was die to launch weeks ago - Sod's law!

No actually not tried it, Ive just downloaded it, do I just add it to the top of the required page on each breakpoint?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!

Yes, you just add the little double bracket widget on top of every page in your document incl. the master pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Didn't work for me though! Gutted! Looks like I will have to wait!

Hope they hurry up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines