• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightbox images in random positions

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2018 Dec 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've recently amended some of my lightboxes to inlude more images. Within Muse itself everything looks pefect but when I upload the files to the browser some of the thumbnails are misplaced - they are randomly scattered about. Can you help me to fix this please? I attach an image to show the issue.within muse.jpgin browser.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: Did you try to empty your browser cache and reload?

Second: Try to upload everything, instead of changes.

Third: If none of this helps, I recommend to empty the lightbox and fill it once more in one row.

I experienced that sometimes naming can cause issues with galleries.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the thumnails set to „scattered“?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can’t see that option anywhere - could you please tell me where I could find it? Can’t see it in the Lightbox prefs? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You find it in the slide show configuration panel. It is called „free form thumbnails“. Uncheck this option.

If this doesn‘t fix you issue, please copy the slide show into a newly created .muse document.

If the issue persists, upload this small .muse file to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here. Then we can have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I’ll check it out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, seems it is nothing to do with the free form as that was unchecked - can you see the new page with lightbox on it at http://192.168.1.65:33334/Preview/website-2/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link won`t help us. It´s a link to your local host.

Did you check my advices from my first post?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yes I’ve tried to reload the images in one line, and the free form box is unchecked. There does not seem to be any common reason to explain why some images should behave in this way. Taking them into a new page or site makes no difference.

http://hobbanstimberworks.co.uk/barns-garages-and-outbuildings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also try renaming the images? And BTW happy new year to you and whomever.  

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy New Year to you too! Hope it is a great one for you! I think I may have made a discovery - the images which seem to be thrown out appear to be altered in some way in their crop - i.e. if the image is imported and left totally alone then it appears ok - if even the tiniest adjustment is made to the way it sits in its bounding box, then it throws it out - I’m reimporting all images which appear to have been adjusted and so far that seems to be working - it is far from ideal as some of the crops are just not perfect but the result is far better with them behaving themselves in the browser!

Thank you for your help and interest.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's quite useful to have same dimensions on all images. You may crop images in PS and add some white space if necessary to have same aspect ratio and size.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome Jane.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as far as I see, you didn’t provide a .muse file to investigate the error.  Cropping images normally is no reason for the behaviour, you are encountering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell me how to save the file so that you can investigate? I am not sure how to do this…?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete all pages except the one with the huge question mark.

Save that file with a new name into your CREATIVE CLOUD FILES folder on your computer.

By RightClicking this file you can share a link with us.

Alternatively you could share a dropbox link or even a retransfer link with us.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I have managed to do that - Gallery Trial is the name of the file shared

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

where did you share it?

KInd Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its in my Adobe Cloud folder - I did a command click and there was a tick next to it - do I need to do more? Sorry, never done this before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You`ll have to do la CTRL click instead of a CMD click.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-02 um 11.32.00.png

KInd Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

schrieb

Its in my Adobe Cloud folder - I did a command click and there was a tick next to it - do I need to do more? Sorry, never done this before...

Have you been able to get it to work properly?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines