• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightbox intentionally off center

Participant ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a need to create the equivalent of a lightbox, only I want the box off center of the page.

The reason:  I'm trying to create a page 'tip' and would like a small modal close to the upper left corner, yet still maintain a page fade which the lightbox offers, but other compositions don't.

Just to make this more complicated I need the lightbox to be on by default.  In my experience they always default to off

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could uncheck in the composition option panel this "hide initially".

Just for the beginning …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. I did try that and insured I left it visible in muse but each time I rendered the page it was closed by default. Maybe I'll try again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried right now the state button widget. This could be stretched to browser width.

I tried the composition with autoplay and with the forward button to blend the panel out.

But I am not smart enough now, maybe tomorrow. He Günter Heißenbüttel​ also has a solution im mind, I guess and also Ussnorway​  .

But for now I have this workaround – stolen from this cookie policy stuff.

accordion to show

Check this and download directly from the browser, if you like.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that looks a nice work around but a lightbox is always centered and a lightbox that isn't, is no longer a lightbox.

I would custom code a bootstrap box but again your work around is simple and works so nice job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - actually I thought of one of those compositions we had with Guenter, to open and close by alternative usage of this next and pre buttons. But so far I couldn`t work out.

Works like this though, even to come back to the information, provided at the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also thought of changing the text in active state – I now changed it to visibility "0". But to see a different text like "wannaread again?" or something else which makes sense.

Is it possible to change the text in accordion tab in its states?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder  wrote

Is it possible to change the text in accordion tab in its states?

I assume you are asking me so yes its possible, however text in an accordion tab wil slave to the tab-label for its states i.e, press [esc] to go up a level and edit the states from there

and just as a fyi text in a accordion panel is almost never in an active state but you can still set it to that for certain code work arounds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

center/middle is how muse always treats a lightbox, but not absolute definition 🙂

in the real world simply adjusting the positions, top: & left: % allow this sort of control.

Unfortunately I'm just not good enough for the real world.  Damit Jim, I'm  a designer, not a programmer :-)))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

marcelt2t  wrote

center/middle is how muse always treats a lightbox, but not absolute definition 🙂

in the real world simply adjusting the positions, top: & left: % allow this sort of control.

in the real world you don't know how big the device screen is that the user has so setting a width of 500px may cause issues if the phone only has 450 to use so thats why defaults are built into the system... yes you can change them and you are the designer so thats your option but every change needs to allow for (and TESTed on) as many different devices as you can.

marcelt2t  wrote

Unfortunately I'm just not good enough for the real world.  Damit Jim, I'm  a designer, not a programmer :-)))

the Dreamweaver forum is full of coders... perhaps if you ask nice and make some mock up images to clearly show what you are trying to make?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again,  sorry for the delay in responding.

fotoroeder, as usual I like the way your mind works. I would have never thought of the accordion trick.

It is however giving me issue on two fronts;

1. Height can't be set to 100%, which is a problem also because I can't cover the footer with it
  2. Inability to put the control to close it with the lightbox itself

So even though I will keep your trick in mind for other uses, unfortunately it won't help with me current need.

Maybe someone else as an idea how to hack the lightbox location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marcelt2t

It is however giving me issue on two fronts;

1. Height can't be set to 100%, which is a problem also because I can't cover the footer with it
  2. Inability to put the control to close it with the lightbox itself

So even though I will keep your trick in mind for other uses, unfortunately it won't help with me current need.

Maybe someone else as an idea how to hack the lightbox location?

Me either . But you could make the accordion tab as long as you want, couldn`t you? Then it will cover the footer, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... The footer always moves down (infinity) when I increase object height.  Sure I can size it out of view, but then it forces scrolling etc.

Maybe time to submit a feature request (edit position of lightbox).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines