• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

links on the phone version not working

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the links on my phone version of my website are not working. Some links are and some are not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017
  • If I use „rcs.misd.net/phone/index.html" in browsers and phone simulators, all works fine. The phone simulators link fine from the schools icon to the schools page
  • If I try to open „rcs.misd.net/phone/index.html" on my iPhone all works correct.
  • If I click onto the school icon, the page redirects to „rcs.misd.net/phone/index.html".
  • If I enter „rcs.misd.net/phone/schoolsphone.html“ directly into the address line of my iPhone, it redirects to „rcs.misd.net/phone/index.html“ too.

Could it be, that there

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The weather is nice in southern Germany.

How should we help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey rblumline,

Adding to what Uwe wants to say is, we need a little more description for your issue.

A working URL of the site will also be very helpful in identifying your issue.

Also, are you noticing this in any particular device or browser?

Please answer the above questions so we can take forward.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a desktop and a phone version of my website. All the links on the desktop website work fine. All the links on the phone version are not working. The website is rcs.misd.net. It's a public school. When I open the html files it works with the computer. I tried on several different phones and none of them worked. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us an exact example of some links, which don't work on a phone.

I tested some, and each one works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When touch icon on the school it does not go to the schools page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• If I use „rcs.misd.net/phone/index.html" in browsers and phone simulators, all works fine. The phone simulators link fine from the schools icon to the schools page
  • If I try to open „rcs.misd.net/phone/index.html" on my iPhone all works correct.
  • If I click onto the school icon, the page redirects to „rcs.misd.net/phone/index.html".
  • If I enter „rcs.misd.net/phone/schoolsphone.html“ directly into the address line of my iPhone, it redirects to „rcs.misd.net/phone/index.html“ too.

Could it be, that there is a server issue?

The page exists, the page can be addressed on computers and iPads, but can’t be addressed from phones.

Did you change your link address some minutes ago from „schoolsphone“ to „schools-phone"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guenter,

I see the issue at my end, whenever we click on any link it redirects the site to the homepage.

I have used Chrome emulator to test this and found that even if I put the linked URLs - Roseville SchoolsSchools Phone

directly in the browser it gives an error "some files on the server cannot be found" and opens up a weird layout like this -

@rblumline please let us how did you upload your site? is it via inter FTP function or any third party client?

Can you please reach out to your host ask them to delete all the existing files from the server and then reupload your site.

See if it helps to resolve the issue!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inter FTP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your detailed explanations, rblumline​, it makes assisting really easy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines