• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lock textbox/object to bottom of screen on a webpage???

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to place text so that is locks to the bottom of the SCREEN.....not the bottom of the webpage. And then have it scroll down as I scroll down a page. I have found how to do that at the TOP of the webpage but not at the bottom of a screen.

With the numerous different screen sizes, how can I open up a webpage and always have the textbox/banner/box/link be permanently attached at the bottom of a persons screen (not the bottom of the webpage) so that as the person scrolls down the webpage, the textbox/banner/box/whatever scrolls along and stays at the bottom of the screen itself?

I can't figure this out. It seems easy for the top of the webpage itself as you don't need to know anything about the size of the users screen....but how about the bottom of the screen.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks,

Dean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doh! Pin to bottom on Master (but then it is under all content on standard webpage...not helpful). But get rid of footer region in master and then just pin the object to bottom in the standard webpage(s)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deanreardon  schrieb

Doh! Pin to bottom on Master (but then it is under all content on standard webpage...not helpful). But get rid of footer region in master and then just pin the object to bottom in the standard webpage(s)!

Not true, deanreardon! Master page elements can of course stay in front of all other layout page elements! Otherwise it wouldn’t be possible to place a menu on a master page. To control this behaviour, use layers, which work site-wide, not page-wide for exactly this reason.

And: It is possible to place a dynamic „bottom of  browser“ element to every page – master or layout. Just read my last post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah...didn't think about layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Place your element at the bottom of your page by checked „Footer“ option, what allows you to place the element at the very bottom of your page.
  • Then pin it, using one of the „browser pin“ options:

Screen.jpg

• The footer property will now be automatically discarded, but the element remains  at the very bottom of your page, and stays there, when you resize the browser window.
  • Alternatively place your element wherever you want on the canvas, pin it, and move it to the bottom of your page. The footer will be ignored in this case too.

Be aware, that something like this might work on mobile browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines