• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Anyone thinking about starting a petition? A class action lawsuit?

Participant ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well well. Adobe is really moving away from professionals and starting to shift the company with amateur decisions. And the bad thing is that I saw this coming, after that awful last update that broke thousands of web sites. Yep, the Muse dev team was not a good one, and as a company that only seeks profit, they decided to shut down the whole project than to fix it.

And please Preran, really man, don't paste your ready made answer here. I read that twenty times in this forum today.

So, let's move on.

What we can learn from this:

- If you are building your business over a Adobe solution,be aware that solution can disappear OUT OF THE BLUE and you will be in bad shape with your clients. So, don't rely on Adobe NEVER EVER. They will disappoint you.

- Adobe is a company that DOESN'T listen to its customers. And they don't care about your business or anything else beyond their profit. So yeah, simply they are saying "f*ck you". We don't have an alternative, and we don't care if you don't have and alternative. You are f*cked.

Ok, with that said, how about we start a petition? To demand Adobe to continue to develop the product, or to AT LEAST, make the source code open to the community so we can continue to develop the software. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, if we could get enough signatures we can make someone besides Preran to answer with real words, not copied and pasted ones.

Anyone? Any suggestions? Change.org? What we could demand from Adobe? A class action lawsuit? I'm open to hear from the community.

Thanks for everyone.

And good luck. We'll all need it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe used to be a decent company, passionate about helping creatives. I've used Photoshop for 25 years - and in the early days, they would respond to you and were helpful.

Now, they just don't give a damn.

If they did, they would just release the source-code and let the community take it on and develop it. There are enough of us here with the expertise to play with the code and keep it going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea!

Release the source-code and let the community take it on and develop it!  HEAR HEAR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes let's pursue this in court!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A petition has started. Sign the petition!!!

https://www.change.org/p/adobe-systems-adobe-do-not-discontinue-muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I confess to being  baffled by this.

Soft hearted reply: I understand that you are frustrated and that this can come as a shock. But understand that MUSE isn't going anywhere. It's simply not being updated. This is no different than if you bought a boxed version of the software. Just because the development team is migrating off the project does not mean that the software will stop functioning.

Hard hearted answer: Stop crying. You built your "business" around a software that takes a day to learn and whose entire purpose was to dumb down actual web development to the point where anybody regardless of talent or intelligence could use it. That's not a smart business model. Adobe has no onus to prop up your bad business strategy when technology and the world have evolved beyond it. You have a choice. Either learn to ACTUALLY develop websites properly and use Dreamweaver or use Adobe Spark, which is going to take over for Muse. Is spark more limited? Yes. But dumbing it down further so that an end user won't have to pay YOU to barely make a website for them is exactly what Spark is trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your comments. It will take more than a class action lawsuit, but if one hasn't already been launched against Adobe for its atrocious handling of FrameMaker, it is far past time to get going. The company has done everything wrong and seems not to have a clue about what the problem is, much less a method for dealing with it. Using dirty language and just ranting won't help. We need competent people to cover the research and get this program taken care of. Please let me know if you have had any problem with FrameMaker since it was taken over by Adobe. Millions of dollars have been tossed in the garbage because of dereliction to duty by Adobe. Please. Anybody. Tell me how I can help bring this software company to justice. You can reach me at [email address removed by moderator as per forum guidelines, use private messaging instead].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines