• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Killing MUSE? WTF?????

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF Adobe?  You suddenly decide to kill MUSE when so many people's livelihoods depend on it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hey,

As of now, we don't have enough words to express our regret.

However, I have started a discussion on discussing alternative solutions and migration paths - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2470136 and will be inviting our experts here to participate.

Please bookmark this forum post for reference.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

As of now, we don't have enough words to express our regret.

However, I have started a discussion on discussing alternative solutions and migration paths - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2470136 and will be inviting our experts here to participate.

Please bookmark this forum post for reference.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse was the second notice. The first notice was about killing Business Catalyst. My question is, will they give us a way to convert our Muse Web files into Dreamweaver? Of course thats assuming they're not killing Dreamweaver too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jeff+Reedy  wrote

My question is, will they give us a way to convert our Muse Web files into Dreamweaver?

Export your MU projects to native HTML, CSS and JavaScript files.  You can open those files in ANY code editor you wish including Dreamweaver.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that already so I know it works, but I’m pretty much a code novice. I believe it was my GoLive website that I converted to Dreamweaver, when Adode dumped it. I muddled my way through Dreamweaver for a while until I started using Muse which was great for me. So now I’m one of those 2000 plus users who‘s a little ticked with Adobe. Thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush, I feel bad for you Adobe employees who have to deal with the fallout from this atrocious, unethical and callous decision to end BC and Muse. You'll probably be on the chopping block next after they make you have to deal with this mess, seeing how disloyal Adobe is.

You may not have enough words to express your regret, but I don't have enough words to express my heartache and rage. I literally almost fainted when I saw the news about Muse -- my working life is that dependent on this software. What Adobe has done to all the people who have come to depend on Muse is despicable. They created a market and filled a special niche that people came to heavily depend on and then, oops! Sorry! Go to hell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regret means nothing. This is our livelihood.  Adobe makes billions and you want to ruin small design practices who have embraced your products. You are right there are no words. You have committed a terrible crime here. I for one will investigate how to report your company for terrible trade practices. Don't apologize make this right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know Ankush, I really liked using Muse and it would have been nice if Adobe had presented for some of us a storefront option within Muse that could have been hosted by Business Catalyst. The only shopping cart offered that I'm aware of was Shopify widget by QooQee. Which meant my storefront would be hosted by Shopify. My problem with Shopify is they have a transaction charge for every purchase. 3dcart on the other hand has no transaction fee, but then your kind of stuck with their boiler-templates. If Adobe had wanted to get into the business of web hosting, and hosting e-commerce websites, I felt like Muse was the perfect front end software for the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will never kill Dreamweaver. Programs like Muse are what make it harder for real designers to make money, Use DW and learn to code. This template based nonsense is a welcomed demise IMO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Muse was not 'template based' - you could utilize (and fully customize) a 3rd party template with Muse or design totally from scratch. 2. People do not need to 'learn code' just to satisfy YOUR selfish needs and dictates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing selfish about telling the truth, I've been in the business over 20 years and seem people come into the business with these apps like "Muse" and hurt the industry because these guys can't code or really even design. If you learned how to do it the right way you wouldn't need muse. IMO Sorry, not Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh please, you're having a hissy fit because new technologies make it easier for people to create websites on their own - SELFISH.

Newsflash: whether its Muse or a host of other options either already available or soon to come - technology IS going to make it easier for those who dont want to code to design websites. Loads of people who know who to code are awful at design. Deal with it and stop trying to dictate what is the 'right way.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you're having a hissy that Muse is going away. I'm not here to argue, the forum isn't for that. Bottom Line: These apps hurt the industry and you wouldn't be worried about it leaving of you knew how to design/develop the "RIGHT WAY".

P.S. I agree on the coders and awful design. I have to fix that nonsense all the time. Luckily I'm good at both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll deal with Muse going away and finding a replacement option on my own terms, not yours. Unlike you I am not trying to deny the reality of where technology is headed and give pompous dictates about what is the 'right way' for the rest of the world simple because of how things affect YOUR wallet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Triggered Much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reality check. Deal with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's wrong sweetie can't code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one in every crowd shows us his rear end. This isn’t the first time Adobe dropped an application because it’s further development was difficult. The bottom line, was the only thing the head honchos were looking at here. Shortsightedness didn’t put a man on the moon. Someone will build it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you can't code either, got it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who does your taxes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me I'm smart like that Back Fire

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you’re a smart arse. Do you have employees? Do you deprecate equipment? Do you file as a corporation? I do. Not everyone does their own taxes, this is where companies like Intuit with TurboTax and companies like H&R Block and small independent professional tax preparers come in. It’s sort of similar to professional website designers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 56 employees, deprecate equipment over five years, LLC with the S-Corp Election, File an 1120s Corporate, 1040 for the personal. I use Drake Tax Software because it's the best. Did taxes and accounting while going through college. I still silent partner of a office that does tax services including payroll. H&R Block is crap. I've never touched Turbo Tax in my life. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drake Tax Software? But you were just telling me how smart you are. Why do you need Drake Tax Software? Why don’t you do it yourself without the aid of software to get you through the tax code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every Professional who's worth it uses Drake, it's the best. Pretty much the standard. Web design is nothing like taxes I thought you were smart enough to know that You're just upset you couldn't stomp me on the tax question. Caught you off guard Try another course, you already lost this round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines