• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] MUSE is no longer available

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a loyal Adobe customer since the 90's and have used the full Suite early on.  In 2010 I also started to use Adobe Muse for development of Web applications.  Yes I was one of the Alpha/Beta users.  The application worked great until in 2018 Adobe decided to no longer develop Muse.  At that time it was understood that the application would continue to be available until such time the "OS" would no longer support it.  I get it and understand why it should be this way.  However as of March 26th 2020 Adobe pulled a fast one on their Muse community and decided that you have to purchase "All Apps" in order to use the product.  Unfortunately this would be a greater cost to me (and others) that I am not willing to do.  Now I am faced with quickly moving the remainder of my sites to other development applications.

I would like to hear from others if they have experienced the same unloyal experience from Adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same issue here. I've found this thread, seems like an employer of Adobe, called Preran is helping at this moment.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/important-announcement-support-for-adobe-muse-ends-today/td-p/11...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

My experiences is exactly how you describe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, I don't work for Adobe.  I'm an unpaid forum volunteer and long-time Adobe product user. 

This is not the first time Adobe have retired products and it won't be the last.  Adobe announced the Muse EOL in March 2018. I have been telling Musers to stop using Muse ever since the EOL was announced.  You had 2 years to prepare. I don't see how Adobe did anything wrong. They gave you plenty of notice that this was coming. If you didn't take it seriously, I think that's nobody's fault but your own.

If you need to keep using discontinued software like Muse and Fireworks, you must have a paid Creative Cloud All Apps plan.  There is no other way to obtain access to discontinued software.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy you are correct in that we had plenty of time to migrate over any existing sites.  I have migrated all but 2 sites which I was led to believe there is enough time to do this.  My reason is that Adobe stated that we can continue to use the software as long as the OS runs the App.  As I've noted in my initial comment Adobe changed the game plan by now ONLY allowing the use of the App if we purchase an "All Apps plan".  In my opinion this is what is unacceptable.  If the software does not run any longer on my PC then I feel it would be my fault for not going any faster.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never said Muse would keep running.  That was a statement made by several forum volunteers like myself who understand that Muse is no different than Fireworks.  It still works on older operating systems.  But you cannot buy it outright or as a single app subscription.

AFAIK, Muse hasn't been sold as a single app for more than a year.  People who had an expired subscription to Muse were not able to renew unless they purchased an All Apps Plan.  So this is not a new development. It has been this way for quite a while. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, thanks a lot for your replying, it means a lot.

As far as I see, the main issue is this: Adobe sais users with a license can still use Muse. But now, we can't.

On their site is mentioned:

'Can the users of Adobe Muse continue to use the software and also download it again?'

'Yes, the licensed users of Adobe Muse can continue to use the software. You can also download the licensed version of Adobe Muse from Adobe Muse Get Started.'

There isn't mentioned that a single app license user can't continue to use Muse, but has to upgrade to an all application plan.

So Adobe is wrong, don't you agree?

Kind regards from Holland,

Wiebe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2018 when the End of Life was first announced, Musers could still download the software and purchase Muse as a single app subscription.  But that all changed when Adobe stopped selling and promoting Muse on their website.   See this related discussion from 2018.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/muse/monthly-subscription-adobe-muse/td-p/10129372?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yet i just got an email from Adobe saying this:

Niets is mooier dan een fantastische comeback. Ook voor jou. Tijdens je afwezigheid hebben we hard gewerkt aan gloednieuwe functies, talloze zelfstudies en 24/7 ondersteuning. Maak je beste ideeën nog beter – geef MUSE nog een kans en maak vandaag nog een meesterwerk.

Translation: Nothing is more beautiful than a fantastic comeback. For you as well. While you were gone we have been working hard on brand new functionality, countless self studies en 24/7 support. Improve your best ideas today - GIVE MUSE ANOTHER CHANCE en create a masterpiece today.

I'm astonished Adobe would send me this after making sure unable to access any of my clients websites because Adobe is breaking its promise that Muse users would be able to keep using the program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't believe everything in your e-mail.   That message did not come from Adobe.  It's just another  p h i s h i n g  scheme by frauds pretending to be Adobe.  

How do I report an email, website or pop-up window that falsely claims to represent Adobe?

Contact  p h i s h i n g @ a d o b e . c o m

===========
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'm actually relieved to learn that this did not come from Adobe! It does not however, change how I feel about how Adobe moved Muse to a payment plan in which I need to pay for a grand majority of apps that I do not need in order to be able to continue to work with one (or even be able to access and transfer ongoing projects).I think this is completely unacceptable.Sent from Samsung tablet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why Muse users can't grasp the concept that Muse is permanently discontinued.  You were told to expect this 2 years ago.  Did you think we were all joking when we said stop using Muse and find new software before it's too late? 

In the 20+ years I've been using computers,  not one company has made their discontinued products available for after market purchase.  Discontinued means it's no longer available.   And nobody should be using discontinued software, especially for web sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not the discontinuation; it’s the promise of continued use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
And with that I will leave this conversation as I’m not looking for a yes/no quarrel.

Thank you for your answers and I wish you all the best!

Kind regards,
Cro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines