• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Why did Adobe do this???

Explorer ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it's a few months since Adobe muse announced that they will stop and update the program, as well as kill Business Catalyst. Since March, I've tried to find a program / site builder that can replace Adobe Muse. I have not found this. Why? Because nothing can replace Adobe Mouse when it comes to web design without coding. So why does adobe do this? I can not see that they gave us  users a good answer why they made this decision.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

There are lots of options out there if you take the time to look at them.   Many have free trials so you can test before you commit to a purchase.

See the Google Sheet.

Muse Alternatives - Google Sheets.

Discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can think of a number of reasons why Adobe dropped Muse, but most Muse users are not interested.

Adobe is a worldwide company, and the internet has problems with extending the internet, in that there is not enough capacity. Muse created sites are excessively large for what sites created with it offer, (file size) and take up too much bandwidth if the user is not in a 'developed country' or if the net connection speed is low, (there are still many areas in both north America and Europe with speeds liitle better than dial up.

Then we come to legislation, the wild wild web in which anything goes is vanishing. Compliance to Legislation is now becomming a part of the requirerments when building a web site, and Muse does not offer anything when it comes to complying with those legislations, (would require a complete re-write).

Web standards are becomming a must, and browsers are adding new features all the time that Muse does not offer, and cannot offer.

I could go on, but just to sum up, Muse is outdated, and cannot keep up with the modern web. The only item it offer(d) was ease of use for none-coders, but if you look at the ease of use, and compare it with its deficiancies, both now and what will be deficiencies in the near future, it is a dinosaur.

I agree that some form of drag and drop editor could be built for none coders, but then the user would have to accept its limitations, and at least learn how to apply items such as accessibility and privacy requirements, as these are not 'drag and drop'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are lots of options out there if you take the time to look at them.   Many have free trials so you can test before you commit to a purchase.

See the Google Sheet.

Muse Alternatives - Google Sheets.

Discussions

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm locking this thread and will leave your other one open Can't find alternative to Adobe Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines