Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Engaged ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have searched through the other topics on this and cannt find an answer. I need to add a log in section to a website so my client can collect data and see where logged in users go on the site.

1) Is the tracking of logged in users possible?

2) I am aware that Muse is for design and I need a third party back end facility, current I do not know the client's host situation and neither do they! So I see that using BC is an option. But how do I design a site in Muse and just use the functionality of the og in facility from BC

3) Is BC WYSYWYG and fully responsive? Can I create a site in that like I do with Muse?

4) Is there a simple widget I can use instead? I used to create sites in Serif and their Serif resources facilty made the whole process very simple!! However I cannot create responsive with them and they are ceasing resources.

Please help, I need to get this proposal written

Many Thanks

Julia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all need something, don`t we?

1) Watch out at musewidgets.com and ask the inventors, if this is possible.

2) BC is just hosting and a lot of CMS support, as far as I know – please watch this: Product Information FAQs | Adobe Business Catalyst​ - they might help with tracking as well, but it might be possible to be in need of an additional coder/programmer.

3) It is almost WYSIWYG and fully responsive, if you follow the rules and learn Muse properly.

4) Search also on musewidgets.com

You may also watch: Adding Business Catalyst features to your Muse sites - YouTube​

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks fotoreader, I got 2/3 the way through the last link you provided before I gave up! That just seems so long winded, plus all the code just got me confused. I dont understand code set up so am not confident with making changes to it. I just want to be able to design my site in Muse and add a functional register and log in. It seems crazy why Adobe havent just added this as a function!

I'm currently subscribed to Muse for You but dont recall a log in feature, I don't see how a third party widget would work without the data management side on a server....

This is getting way too complicated. Annoying as it was so easy in Serif 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the log in would really need a proper CMS like BC provides. Because users have to have a username, password and that would need a database in the back.

So maybe Muse is not fitting for your needs. There are also some 3rd party like "www.conmunicator.com", where you could design your site completely in muse and then do all CMS in Contao.

There´s also public and many others which provide the same.

Maybe fitting, watch at muse-themes.com if their CMS functionality is enough for your needs. Ask them, needs some 1 or 2 days to get an answer.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looking at www.conmunicator.com and am struggling to understand how that enables me to add a log in facility. The reason I need a register and log in is purely to get data on users to the site to use as sales leads - is there a better way that I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any experirnce of this Sentry Login?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understood correct, the tracking is the most important for your client.

For this you need a CMS with something in the back. So login in only the first step.

Now you have to search for CMS which provide tracking as well. Contao could be one of those, also public or joomla or

wordpress or … .

Conmunicator just translates/transforms your muse to contao, after this step the next step has to be done.

This belongs to all CMS out there.

I suggest to look for tracking first.

"tracking of logged in users - Google-Suche"

javascript - Tracking logged in vs. non-logged in users in Google Analytics - Webmasters Stack Excha...​

How to Track and Record Logged In User Activity in WordPress​

Solved: How to track logged in users using Google Tag Mana... - The Google Advertiser Community - 88...

You could also ask J-26 from musewidgets.com. They seem to know something about google analytics.

Best Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again thanks for your input. Will look at the links shortly

I'm currenty considering a combo of Sentry for log in and then Zoho for tracking and pop up chat and also looking at Lead Feeder or Communigator. I'm thinking if I do it using 3rd part accounts the client can maintain control. What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use as little as possible 3rdparty apps. Watch out at J-26. If you watch google analytics itself, it also provides tracking.

Of course, if you want your client to be able to switch on cameras on computers, google analytics might not be enough.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought Google analytics could only show activity rather than provide information on business IP addresses?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don`t you have closer look at the website from google. Nothing more easy than that: Redirecting...

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you have lost me, that link just takes me to my Google home.

I have analytics set up on my own site but it wont do what the client wants - he wants to know who is viewing his site and how to contact them - hence the log in idea. Then he wants to track their activity once logged in. Just reading about tag managed and I think I can add event tags to certain areas to track movement, but its all very new to me - so much to learn!! I'm looking for an easy way ..............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this

www.sentrylogin.com

I use it with my adobe muse - via a html snippet code to create login and monitor users and accept stripe payments etc its about $5 a month so very ok it think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya, yes thats the one I have decided on for log in, how does it monitor users? I was looking for additional tracking of logged in users around the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I'm not very familiar with Adobe Muse, but I'm more so with Leadfeeder that was mentioned here.
Leadfeeder uses Google Analytics data to show companies that visit your website. If you want to use it, you'll install Google Analytics script on your Adobe Muse website normally. After it's there, you can use Leadfeeder to fetch the data that was already collected by Analytics.

So Adobe Muse-wise, you'll setup everything just like you would with normal Analytics installation. Please note that Leadfeeder basicall only works for B2B companies, because it can't show individual users but only the name of the company they visited from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thanks, so in your opinion, do you think the exras you get from Lead Feed are worth it? My understanding is that it will basilcally look up the business IP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines