Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for a Template

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I would like to create a very similar website to this one https://www.cutestockfootage.com/ . Users would be able to select a video and download it. I use Muse for very simple websites so a website like that feels like a huge headache. Does anyone knows where I can buy a template of that kind. I have searched the web a lot and cannot find a template for Muse similar to that one.

I would appreciate any help,

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

If site development is what you want to do for a living, then it's time to improve your skills and learn to work with code.   Drag & drop tools are OK but you can do only so much with them.   Real talent comes from people, not the tools they use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is under EOL, so I cannot recommend it, if you plan to have some more content over the years to come.

There´s some widgets or even templates on muse-themes.com like : https://www.muse-themes.com/products/media-pro-gallery​

Not exactly what you want, I know, but …

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A template alone won't help you.   Your example site is built with Bootstrap but that's only the front facing portion  of it.   The real work is performed by the backend coding which you can't see.

Muse is not the right tool for this.   You would need a dynamic site with content stored in a database plus server-side & client-side scripts to call up content on demand. 

You could possibly do this with WordPress, a Bootstrap Theme and  some commercial plugins.

Create a Stock Photography Website using WordPress

But in all candor, stock image sites are often built  & maintained by teams of developers who have  loads of resources and many years of backend & front end coding experience.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you people for replying, I really appreciate it! Well I taught myself Muse, the idea was that because I know Photoshop and Illustrator so well, Muse would be the right option to build websites. So may I ask your suggestions on what should a guy with my skills do? Go for a WordPress site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If site development is what you want to do for a living, then it's time to improve your skills and learn to work with code.   Drag & drop tools are OK but you can do only so much with them.   Real talent comes from people, not the tools they use.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines