• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for a way to create Modals in browser

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a website and I'm trying to emulate a feature seen on the UK designer Mike Kus (www.mikekus.com). Currently, my gallery is straight forward - you click on an image, it takes you to a new page with the images info.

What I want to perform is to amp it up a bit like Mike Kus's site. When an image is selected in his gallery, an in-browser modal appears on the right side which has details and images. I want to implement this feature into my site.

I've attempted research, but without spending money I have no way if the widgets I've found would even work.

If any knowledge is known about potential widgets that can fill this need, it would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Most of the side navigation widgets will give you the ability to add your own content but from what I can see, they don't allow for scrolling content like the site you linked to - that's running on a portfolio platform called Dunked, so they probably wrote the modal code themselves. Muse Themes' Pushy Panes allows for loading an external page into the modal but it would then be tricky to have the full-screen lightbox display.

It's difficult to say whether developers are going to continue putting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of the side navigation widgets will give you the ability to add your own content but from what I can see, they don't allow for scrolling content like the site you linked to - that's running on a portfolio platform called Dunked, so they probably wrote the modal code themselves. Muse Themes' Pushy Panes allows for loading an external page into the modal but it would then be tricky to have the full-screen lightbox display.

It's difficult to say whether developers are going to continue putting out new widgets, given Muse's limited life-span.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines