• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking to get my muse website some how onto my google sites website any ideas?

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to upload my site I made in adobe muse to google sites, they have an html embed option, but I'm not sure how to get everything from the html export successfully into the my google site.   Anyone have any ideas?  IFRAME maybe?  but what code do I include or how could I make it easy for doing site updates since google sites doesnt have FTP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must admit, not to know about "google sites" to put in my own website? But anyway, if you export your site as html it should work somehow, whatever that means.It is finally the same html as the one from the published website on a "normal" ftp-server. It has nothing to do with muse, I assume but has to do with google so …

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apples and alligators.

Google Sites is on online site builder. 

Muse is an outdated desktop code generator.  The two are NOT compatible. 

If Google Sites is what you want to use now, you'll have to rebuild the site on that platform.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don`t you simply try that one?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-18 um 11.51.45.png

Of course you may also try the "embed" version but why would you do that, if you have already published a website?

I tested it with my website and it works pretty awesome, I must admit - thanks for that hint.

From my understanding you may have to export the site "as html" - read that code in a codeeditor like Dw or Brackets or Pinegrow and insert all that code in hte "embed" field, which I think, does not work - Nancy may shed in some light here for us noncoders?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't waste your time. Google Sites is not a commercial web hosting provider.  Google Sites is an online site builder like Wix. 

A Muse site cannot work without help from JavaScript, CSS, images etc.... And none of your Muse site assets can be uploaded to Google Sites because there is no FTP.  Embedded HTML code will not do anything except cause problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I see it correctly, the google website is simply helpful for SEO, am I right?

For this I see it quite helpful indeed and by letting google kind of crawl your site with the option of "embed per URL" like my screenshot shows it, this might be helpful but for any site done with any tool and has nothing to do with muse or whatever app out there - Nancy?

THX and Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uwe,

No.  Google Sites is an online website builder.  It has nothing to do with SEO.

https://support.google.com/sites/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as one build ones own site, links it to ones own domain, it is kind of not too bad for SEO, isn`t it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Google Sites is no better or worse for SEO than Facebook, WordPress or Adobe Portfolio.  It's just another free website. 

Don't forget that Google Search Engine penalizes sites with duplicate content. So this could hurt your main site more than help it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines