• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Muse File (website) though it is on web

New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI. Thanks in advance for any help. While working, I had to travel to many countries. I built a decent size site using Adobe Muse, always saved it on a removable hard drive. Wifi was intermittent at best while traveling, so I never uploaded anything to cloud. My last trip back, the hard drive cracked (cannot be fixed)  My site is live on GoDaddy, but no files at all here on my end.  I am so frightened to have to rebuild it.  Is there any way I can download anything from GoDaddy, or any way to make replacing the site on my computer to make updates and new pages (short of copying all text and saving each image to rebuild)?  Thanks again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

If it's on GoDaddy servers as native HTML, CSS and JS files then you can certainly download those files from your server with Filezilla or any dedicated FTP client.  Once the files are on your hard drive, you may open them in a code editor  like Dreamweaver or Pinegrow.    Muse generated code isn't pretty to work with but it can be edited.

MU is going End of Life soon anyway so this might be an opportunity for you to test new workflows that don't require using Muse files.   Besides the code edit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's on GoDaddy servers as native HTML, CSS and JS files then you can certainly download those files from your server with Filezilla or any dedicated FTP client.  Once the files are on your hard drive, you may open them in a code editor  like Dreamweaver or Pinegrow.    Muse generated code isn't pretty to work with but it can be edited.

MU is going End of Life soon anyway so this might be an opportunity for you to test new workflows that don't require using Muse files.   Besides the code editors mentioned above, there are several visual web authoring tools  & services you could try.   Many of them have been described and reviewed in lengthy discussions below.

See the Google Sheet.

Muse Alternatives - Google Sheets.

Discussions

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to the free Filezilla client download.

https://filezilla-project.org/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if the .muse file is online you can use that... otherswise you are stuffed without that .muse

you can always download the assets from the host and use them to remake your site in another software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines