• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost my recent files in startscreen adobe muse

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, somebody knows why Adobe Muse don't makes any recent files in my starting screen?

I get only a black screen without the thumbnails of my last used / created projects.

thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Hi All,

Many apologies for all the trouble.

I have got this bug to be fixed in next release.

This mainly happens if muse is installed at non-default location (not in C:\Program Files).

Please see App weather install location to "default" in your Creative Cloud app as per below instructions and let me know how it goes.

Uninstall and reinstall Muse, let me know how it goes.

Screenshot_1.png  Screenshot_2.png

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens, if you create a new .muse file, save it, quit Muse and restart it?

Is this new document present in your start up screen?

If yes: Could it be, that you inadvertently cleared the recent files by menu „File/Open Recent/Clear recent“.

But you shouldn’t get a „black screen“. If there are no recent files the „Get started“ text should be present.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that allready 10 times with new files, open old files and saved them, but when I start Muse no files are present at the start screen, this all happenend after the latest update of Adobe Muse. When I go to open recent files, my list is still there, but no thumbnails anymore at the startscreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now we know, that you created a new file 10 times. But do you get the „Get started“ text or is the start screen completely black?

Do you find your recent files in menu „File/Open Recent“?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's completely blank (or black) just not the thumbnails which i found very usefull to open my latest projects

by the way thanks a lot for your help allready!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet, we can fix this by deleting a preference file. But unfortunately I don’t know, which one. Are you on Mac or PC?

You can’t even see the options „Create New“, Open …“ (to the left) and „Work“, „Learn“ at the top?

And again The file menu entry „Open Recents“ is empty as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would do:

• Open the CC Desktop application, click on the „Apps“ tab and go to the entry „Muse CC (2017).
  • If your cursor touches the entry, a small gear wheel becomes visible to the right next to „Open.
  • Click onto the gear wheel, and the command „Deinstall“ will shine up. Click on it.
  • In the next step you are asked, if you want to delete the preferences too. Answer with „Yes“ (this is important!)
  • When Muse is deinstalled, re-install it again.

Sounds to be heavy work, but the procedure  really doesn’t last for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot, gonna give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Proper fix please Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Many apologies for all the trouble.

I have got this bug to be fixed in next release.

This mainly happens if muse is installed at non-default location (not in C:\Program Files).

Please see App weather install location to "default" in your Creative Cloud app as per below instructions and let me know how it goes.

Uninstall and reinstall Muse, let me know how it goes.

Screenshot_1.png  Screenshot_2.png

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello !

I have the same error, too. After the Muse 2018 update the start screen doesnt appear. It's all black. I deinstalled the complete app and nothing helps. In my Creative Cloud app i can't choose default installation path. It shows only the path where i installed all the apps and this is on E: .

I repaired the Registry with the CC Cleaner, too (before the new installation) but nothing helps.

Is there any other solution to fix this asap ?

My PC runs with the latest Windows 10 build 1709.

Kind Regards,

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Simon,

We are researching on this issue.

Your look like a unique case as there is no option of default location.

I need following files from the path; “C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp”.

Files:

CEP8-Muse.txt

CEPHtmlEngine8-MUSE-2018.0-com.adobe.ccx.start-renderer.txt

CEPHtmlEngine8-MUSE-2018.0-com.adobe.ccx.start.txt

CEPHtmlEngine8-MUSE-2018.0-com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular.txt

CEPHtmlEngine8-MUSE-2018.0-com.adobe.DesignLibraries.angular-renderer.txt

zip this files and send me on my email : ankrao(at)adobe(dot)com.

Regadrs,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines