• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maintaining a Muse built site in DWCS5?

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just did a total rebuild of my site in Muse for my charity. I own an old copy of Dreamweaver CS5 and my plan was to maintain the site that I built in Muse with DWCS5 because we are a charity and we cannot afford to keep paying the monthly rent for Muse. We very rarely make changes.

I opened the index.html (built in Muse) to my DWCS5 and it doesn't look anything like the site I built!

What are my best option since my charity has no money?

1. When I want to make changes, should I buy Muse again for one month and make changes?
  2. When I want to make changes, should I figure out how to do that in DWCS5?

Cheryl

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 23, 2018 Feb 23, 2018

none of your members (or their kids) have Adobe Muse?

you can edit a Muse site in DW CS5 but as soon as you do its no longer a Muse site... just normal html and ime a web site that never changes is worse than having no site at all

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have no idea about DW CS5 and what it can do. I don`t know your coding knowledge.

The Muse Site can not easily get maintained in DW but I invite Pavel Homeriki​​ and Ussnorway to this.

They have much better coding skills than me (which is not difficult BTW ).

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

none of your members (or their kids) have Adobe Muse?

you can edit a Muse site in DW CS5 but as soon as you do its no longer a Muse site... just normal html and ime a web site that never changes is worse than having no site at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have only two options:

1) You have to pay for Muse

2) Remake the site in the Wordpress (this is free) and pay for Muse will not have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines