• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make Website Offline Work

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been using Muse for a very long time. It has been working perfectly even since the support and the updates ended. My problem is that my website works perfectly well with an internet connection. However, the website must run correctly even without an Internet connection. In the offline version, widgets are not displayed correctly and result in the layout not working properly. Can I embed all files so that the website also works offline? Is there any solution?

Or does it have to do with that web standards and browsers will continue to be changed after Adobe discontinues support for the application. After March 26, 2020, Adobe will no longer provide compatibility updates for the Mac and Windows operating systems, or fix bugs that may occur when you publish Adobe Muse sites on the web? I need help urgently.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when we are talking about "offline", is it intranet? Doesn`t this work in browsers as well? Because I can watch my website in my browser even if I am offline. It needs a browser but am not sure how intranet is watched.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am talking about the Intranet. Yes, it works in browsers and in our company we use Microsoft Edge to watch it. The Intranet works everywhere with an Internet connecntion. Now, some new departments with no internet connection need to few it as well but it doesn't work with ME. The widgets (menue, picture galleries ...) I inclueded in the layout are not displayed corretly which makes the layout not useable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And those users in their departments with no internet connections, they do not have installed chrome or firefox or ME, using it offline or online wouldn´t make any diiference as long as they click the "index.html" inside a folder they always need of course? Without a browser with its technology I guess no website is viewable, I´m afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If any of your widgets or other assets reside on 3rd party websites, your site will fail when viewed offline.  That's not a problem unique to Muse.  That's how ALL websites work, no matter which tools are used to create them.  

When viewed offline, only scripts & assets that are physically located in your site's folders will work. 

Also Muse relies heavily on JavaScript.  Script blockers will cause the site to fail.  You can add a <noscript>  message to your HTML code (see example below).  Only browsers with script blockers will see this. 

<noscript>
<h2><strong>IMPORTANT!</strong> This site requires JavaScript.</h2>
<p>For a better user experience, please disable script blockers &amp; refresh your browser with F5 or Ctrl+R keys.</p>
</noscript>

That said, on a corporate intranet with strict security policies, your end users may not have permission to disable script blockers.  In that case, ask your IT dept what they recommend. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines