• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making multiple files with muse?

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to everyone. I am really new to muse. I am about to start a new project, a site with a tons of images. Like really a ton.

I understand that one file has all the pages. But this project, when complete will have hundreds of pages with tons of images.

I was thinking in making the master page with the home and the menus in a muse file. And made each of the others pages on different files.

But the top menu and banner from master page must be on top from all others pages.

Is that possible?

Another question, sorry for my noob.

There is a way to make a search bar on master page? You know to find things on the others pages or this isnt possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

sidneyf10837543  написал(а)

Hello to everyone. I am really new to muse. I am about to start a new project, a site with a tons of images. Like really a ton.

I understand that one file has all the pages. But this project, when complete will have hundreds of pages with tons of images

I suggest you stop your question here. The use of the Muse for such a voluminous project is the same as digging up a field with the help of a children's shovel.

And you will come across a whole host of insurmountable probl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sidneyf10837543  написал(а)

I understand that one file has all the pages. But this project, when complete will have hundreds of pages with tons of images

I suggest you stop your question here. The use of the Muse for such a voluminous project is the same as digging up a field with the help of a children's shovel.

And you will come across a whole host of insurmountable problems, such as productivity and hellish administration. And also the process of creating such a site will take you an order of magnitude more time.

My advice is to put the Muse aside, for simpler projects and take a look at some CMS like joomla or wordpress.

But the top menu and banner from master page must be on top from all others pages.

If these are separate html files, you will need coding skills to achieve this.

There is a way to make a search bar on master page? You know to find things on the others pages or this isnt possible?

This will not be possible without the coding of php and the database. It's better to just use the ready-to-run CMS.

If you really want to use Muse for this project, take a look at MuseXPress. But personally, I do not see any sense in MuseXPress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Pavel, your answer about the limitation of muse was a preocupation. The major problem is the limitation of coding knowledge.

Thanks for your answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines