• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing my Muse site through Amazon C3 Please help.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm completely illiterate in this area so excuse me if I'm not clear:

I have a very old site that was uploaded through an FTP back in 2006 and hasn't changed since. I just designed a site in Adobe Muse to replace that site. I tried to log-in to the old site via an FTP client with my old credentials but it didn't work. I contacted the person  who helped me set that up all the while back and is in charge of the servers and hosting, a family member and someone very knowledgable in this area, and he said basically the old system is crap and we should move to Amazon C3. Unfortunately he isn't an expert in the Adobe Muse protocol so I said I would do some research. I've looked thorough many forums but can't seem to find a straight forward answer on the best way to mange the site, not one that I can understand any way. So here I am looking for help and a straight forward way to approach this or at the very least something I can relay to him. Basically I just need to know best practices in uploading my site and managing it through Adobe and Amazon. I imagine the initial set up is pretty straight forward once they direct my domain to the Amazon servers. But is there anything we need to know to make this a seamless transition? My personal concern is how does it work if I just need to make a simple edit or add a page? Do I need to re-upload the entire site or is there some kind of syncing involved? 

Sorry for the long winded question and thank you in advance for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

ryang2723  wrote

we should move to Amazon C3

why?

to be clear, why does your web site need c3 instead of c4 or c2... what are you doing on it?

ryang2723  wrote

Basically I just need to know best practices in uploading my site and managing it through Adobe and Amazon.

Muse best practice = press 'Publish' to send your site up to a free Adobe BC hosted domain and see how it performs in the real world, when ipads, Mac pc and tablets try to view it.

best practice for Amazon c3 depends on the site but ime pu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SMALL edits are done by inbrowserediting. These edits get synced every time you open your muse-file with MUSE.

More precise, you will get asked wether you want to sync or not. For every edit, made in inbrowserediting, you can decide wether to merge or not to merge (that´s the question).

BIG edits like adding a page, more text, that would need more space, add pictures must be done in MUSE.

Finally you choose, if you want to upload changes (highly recommended) or want to upload everything.

All other stuff, changing server/provider doesn`t has to do with MUSE or ADOBE.

Does this help?

Best regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. That gives me some insight about managing the site once it's on-line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ryang2723  wrote

why?

to be clear, why does your web site need c3 instead of c4 or c2... what are you doing on it?

ryang2723  wrote

Basically I just need to know best practices in uploading my site and managing it through Adobe and Amazon.

Muse best practice = press 'Publish' to send your site up to a free Adobe BC hosted domain and see how it performs in the real world, when ipads, Mac pc and tablets try to view it.

best practice for Amazon c3 depends on the site but ime publish from within Muse as a ftp (without inbrowser editing) is less stress than using other ftp options but if you assume other people need to edit small details from time to time then inbrowser editing may be worth using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ussnorway  wrote

ryang2723   wrote

why?

ryang2723   wrote

best practice for Amazon c3 depends on the site but ime publish from within Muse as a ftp (without inbrowser editing) is less stress than using other ftp options but if you assume other people need to edit small details from time to time then inbrowser editing may be worth using

No Clue why C3, The person managing my previous site is migrating that way. No one else will be making edits to the site. So using Muse as the FTP is the most straight forward way to manage my site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines