Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master does not transfer to other pages

Engaged ,
Jan 06, 2018 Jan 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have built a master page with header and footer but when I try to build the other pages, there is only an "image" of the master page on them... not the actual working header menu and footer. I can not select the image to delete it.

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Happy to upload a sample just thought I must be missing something simple.

Thanks,

Curtis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

All works fine, if you do, what do suggested.

I bet, you wasn’t aware, that you have to change every menu entry on every page, where the menu resides.

You certainly do something wrong.

Look  here:

http://ready-to-rock.businesscatalyst.com/index.html​

This is your page, with the changes I told you to make:

• Revise the links, and
  • Put the menu onto the master page, so that you only need it once.

A „Missing Link“ error doesn’t appear, when publishing, so I assume it is a cache issue on your side. (If you ope

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

SInce I have been going in loops with this, I decided to bully through by duplicating my homepage to make the rest of the pages. I was able to create all of the pages but when I publish to catalyst the buttons will work sometimes and not others (page not found errors) even though I was just on that page. Seems to happen most after hitting the middle logo which should be a second "Home" button.

Here's the temp site:Home

Here's the files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c30K-hcxqgTFothaS6LKtcyeweqZbVjJ

I appreciate any help you can provide!

Thanks,

Curtis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Muse says I have asset errors before publishing but it does not identify any of them under assets.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. To solve your issue with a non-assigned master page, we need the master page with your elements. (I suppose, you simply tried to select and perhaps reposition master page elements on a layout page. This isn’t possible. Master page elements only can be accessed on the master page.
  2. The „Assets“ error: Here, this alert doesn’t appear. I strongly assume, it is a cache issue on your machine. This happens, if you open the same page often and modify it in between. In this case, the „old“ version might be still in your browser cache and cause a conflict with newly revised data. Clearing your browser cache might solve this issue.
  3. The „links not working issue: This is a quite simple onbe too. Look at this screenshot and compare the 2 link lists to the left and right:

screen.jpg

The first link (left column) should go to the page „Kellogg“, but it doesn’t. You see, that there is no check mark next to „Kellogg“ in the „Desktop“ section as it is in the right column next to „Bransby". „Kellogg" is only present and checked in the „Last Used“ section (a section, gathering all link entries – correct or incorrect ones –  you made. This list will only be cut off, when 10 entries are present).

That obviously means, that you typed the link manually into the „Hyperlink“ field, what causes Muse to assume, that it is dealing with an extern link to a different site/page, which coincidentally has the same name as one of your intern pages.

–> To choose the correct link on your site, simply click onto the page name listed under „Desktop“. Since you have the same menu on every page and not only on the master, you have to check, if every entry of every instance of the menu links to the „Desktop“ page. Very often this isn’t the case and therefore the link won’t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Günter,

Thank you again for your assistance.

1. The master page file was in the previous link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c30K-hcxqgTFothaS6LKtcyeweqZbVjJ

I tried multiple things to get it to work. Because I couldn't get working header/footer menus to copy to my "Home" page, I set my "Home" page to No Master and then dragged my A-Master to it. From there I couldn't just hit the + sign next to the "Home" page to add another working page to build on. The menus simply do not copy over.

2. I cleared the cache and will see if that solves the problem.

3. I have gone through and set all of those menu buttons to "desktop" in the hyperlinks multiple times then saved the project, before exporting... for some reason they are not sticking to what I save. And even weirder they will work sometimes and not others on the export.

I was thinking that the project somehow got corrupted, so I built the new master menu over again, but it still doesn't work when I try to add a new page... just an image of the menu that I can't "unlock all on page" etc.

Thanks again for helping out!

Curtis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I went back through and reset all of the buttons to "desktop" hyperlinks again.

Cleared my cache. Muse still says there are asset problems but none are highlighted.

Saved the file and it appears to work correctly when published. Hopefully everything will stay put and I can move forward with adding content.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All works fine, if you do, what do suggested.

I bet, you wasn’t aware, that you have to change every menu entry on every page, where the menu resides.

You certainly do something wrong.

Look  here:

http://ready-to-rock.businesscatalyst.com/index.html​

This is your page, with the changes I told you to make:

• Revise the links, and
  • Put the menu onto the master page, so that you only need it once.

A „Missing Link“ error doesn’t appear, when publishing, so I assume it is a cache issue on your side. (If you open the site, publish it, open it again, …)

You may download the .muse file directly from the site, I linked above.

The „Missing Link" error: If you are absolutely(!!) sure, that clearing the cache doesn’t help, there is a solution to suppress the alert. (Don’t really like to tell it here, because if you didn’t succeed to thoroughly  revise your links, you probably may have difficulties in performing this solution too. Anyway: To suppress the alert, carefully follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2357661​

But attention: In the path to the AppPrefs.xml“ file, replace „2017.0“ by "2018.0"

Please tell me, when you have downloaded the .muse file, so I can delete it from my Dropbox account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Günter,

You may dump the dropbox file... thank you for your time!

Yes, I was aware I had to do it on every page. For whatever reason it still would not act properly... maybe it was the cache.

Everything appears to be working fine now. Although I still get the "fix asset problems" prompt when publishing.

Thank again,

Curtis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the precise wording of the alert? May be, we are talking of differnt warnings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines