• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master page: follow links / Pages: no follow links

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I have a lot of text links on my individual pages which I need to be "no follow" links (tag).
The only "follow" links (internal links) are all placed on my master pages.

As fare as I know Muse cannot put "no follow" tag on text links only in header and on boxes etc.

If I put a "no follow" tag in the header of my individual pages what will happen to my "follow" links on my master pages?
Will they be overwritten by the "no follow" tag from the individual pages?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

perk60032909  wrote

Thanks for your reply!

So if "no follow" tags are old code what do I do instead if I have affliate links on my pages, which I have read need to be marked as "no follow" in order to not "upset" Google and my ranking?

I don't work for Google, I just deal with them on a daily basis

if you want advice on your design then post a link and I'll take a look at it but if you just want to know how seo really works then I recommend these guys as a good place to start reading

J-26

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no follow tags are old code that most systems (Google search for example) ignore

Muse does not override any tags so the senario you gave = content on the Master will be "follow" tagged and content on the slave pages that is not part of the masters will be tagged "no follow"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

So if "no follow" tags are old code what do I do instead if I have affliate links on my pages, which I have read need to be marked as "no follow" in order to not "upset" Google and my ranking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to work with your robots.txt file and/ or configure such stuff on your Google Webmaster/ AdWords dashboard. It should not be necessary for the most common legit affiliate networks/ programs, though, as Google automatically recognizes them and doesn't downgrade your site.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Appreciate your answer

So if I download the robots.txt file which Muse has generated I should do what with it in order to "fix" the affilate text links on the page?

Sorry for asking stupid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perk60032909  wrote

Thanks for your reply!

I don't work for Google, I just deal with them on a daily basis

if you want advice on your design then post a link and I'll take a look at it but if you just want to know how seo really works then I recommend these guys as a good place to start reading

J-26

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines