• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu accessibility: How to reveal submenu on click?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

New to MUSE and new to the menu widget. I need to make my menu accessible therefore I need the user to be able to tab through the menu and then use the return button to reveal the submenu. Currently, a user can rollover the menu item and reveal the submenu. Any suggestions? Thanks so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

A submenu will not appear by hitting "Enter/Return". It will only be available with "click" instead of rollover.

Adobe Creative Cloud

You may watch the file, I have uploaded and watch the composition, used as a menu.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A submenu will not appear by hitting "Enter/Return". It will only be available with "click" instead of rollover.

Adobe Creative Cloud

You may watch the file, I have uploaded and watch the composition, used as a menu.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is impossible generally on the web - almost every user has this "keyboard" functions turned off by default in the web browser.

Web pages are mouse click or touch oriented. You have to move mouse cursor over top level item and the submenu item will show up,

if it does not, look in widget preferences - there is an option "show top level items only" and it must be turned off.

Petr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ewe. Thanks Petr.

So it looks like Ewe created a menu using the composition widget instead of the menu widget. Is it not possible to create the same clickable action using the menu widget?

Best,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. You could set the menu as a manually Menu. This works as well.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Uwe,

I appreciate all of your help on this. I'm still a little confused when it comes to revealing the submenu upon clicking the parent menu item. What I'm looking to do is:

1) Navigate my parent menu items via a keyboard tab.

2) Reveal my submenu by hitting the return on my keyboard once I've tabbed over to the relevant menu item.

Best regards,

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You really could trust Petr Patha​ and me, there´s no way to achieve this . If you find a website with this feature, congratulations

Sorry

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines