• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu Buttons Not Changing Colors When Hovering?

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have been having difficulty with my menu buttons changing colors when hovered over. I have added a couple pics to show what I am talking about. I used a lightbox for "about" and "residential" to be able to put my submenus above instead of below, but they do not change colors when hovered over like "commercial," "holiday," and "contact." I have looked in other parts of the forums and looked up how to fix this, but have found nothing useful. According to Muse, the text does change (the states buttons says that the text goes from white to gray), but it doesn't in the actual website. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 8.42.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-08 at 8.45.40 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Quite simple to fix! :

• First, the reason, why the color doesn’t change on rollover: There is no „real“ rollover, because the composition is set to „Show Target on Rollover“. That means: The moment, you hover over the button, this button changes to active state (the target is shown.) So, in this case, you have „normal“ and „active“ state, nothing else.
  • Solution: Don’t set the rollover state to black, set the active state to black.

Just have a look:

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please

• delete all pages except one and all elements except the „menu“ elements,
  • save this small .muse file under a new name,
  • upload it to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and
  • post the download link here?

Then we will have a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your willingness to help! Here is the dropbox link: Dropbox - Hovering Issue.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite simple to fix! :

• First, the reason, why the color doesn’t change on rollover: There is no „real“ rollover, because the composition is set to „Show Target on Rollover“. That means: The moment, you hover over the button, this button changes to active state (the target is shown.) So, in this case, you have „normal“ and „active“ state, nothing else.
  • Solution: Don’t set the rollover state to black, set the active state to black.

Just have a look:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have been so helpful. All fixed! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably a browser cache issue.  In CSS there are 5 link pseudo-classes.

a:link

a:visited

a:hover

a:active

a:focus

After a link is visited, it usually changes color to let users know they have already been there.  The visited link style can often override other link state styles including hover.  Clear your browser's cache memory or try using a new  browser like Chrome or Firefox.  Optionally, right-click on page and select Inspect Element or use keyboard shortcut F12 to find out which styles are effecting your link.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  schrieb

This is probably a browser cache issue.  In CSS there are 5 link pseudo-classes.

a:link

a:visited

a:hover

a:active

a:focus

Nancy, unfortunately this is not muse terminology, so no information a muse user can use.

Please follow Günter Heißenbüttel​s advice and give us a muse file, reduced to your issue.

I assume that you fail here and missed to change hyperlink setup - maybe - perhaps?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-02-09 um 00.39.27.png

Give us a muse, please and be sure that there´s some real help here. Help us and we help you

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still think the real answer is to clear browser's history and then the orginal link color will appear again .

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines