• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu Comp causing white space issues

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a client's website with both a desktop version and a mobile version. The desktop version is fixed width while the mobile version is responsive. Everything was working fine until recently when a spacing issue popped up on the mobile version. The site mostly appears fine on my mobile device except for some white space to the right of the page. Almost all content stops where it's supposed to stop on my phone (android) but it lets me swipe and see this white space. On my client's phone (iPhone) some of the responsive elements stretch into this white space, causing some content to not be visible without moving the screen.

But there appears to be no problem when previewing in Muse or using Preview In Browser. It's only when I publish that I see the issue. I stripped out elements until I found the culprit: a navigation comp on the mobile version. Since this is the navigation menu on mobile, I can't get rid of it. I could rebuild it, but I'd like to see if there's another solution.

The stripped down MUSE site can be found here: Dropbox - DinoRidge_BCtest.muse

The Business Catalyst published site can be found at dinoridgetest.businesscatalyst.com

At first I thought it was a pinning issue, but removing/changing the pinning on the mobile version hasn't helped. Hopefully someone here can see the problem because I'm about out of ideas.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Very friendly, indeed. Ok. Another „not very helpful“ post: If you replace the composition be a new one and configure it identically, all works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is no mobile verson on that site or in the .muse file you posted so I assume you are talking about the smallest breakpoint

imo a redesign | rethink is needed

Screenshot (101).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not very helpful. As I said in my original post, the design and elements worked fine until a few days ago. Now the comp is causing problems but nothing on my end has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very friendly, indeed. Ok. Another „not very helpful“ post: If you replace the composition be a new one and configure it identically, all works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That IS helpful; you posted a possible solution. But how do you know that it works? Did you publish it somewhere and check it on mobile?

Also, I'm looking for a reason why this comp is misbehaving. Have any insights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested it. But some work has to remain for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'll try it later and report back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines