• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu hyperlink to anchor link issue.

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a manual menu bar w/sub-menus on my A-Master page which is used for all of the pages in my small site. The main menu items link to the top of their respective page, and the sub-menu items are hyperlinked to anchor links located in various sections of their respective pages.  The sub-menu hyperlinks work fine from the page they are on and go to the correct anchor link location.  However, the sub-menu hyperlinks go to random places and do not link correctly if you are coming from another page, such as the home page.  This is confusing me since all pages are using the A-Master, which again is where the menus are located.  There are no other anchors anywhere on the site than these.  Thanks for any input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

To work with fluid width breakpoints and anchors you can do the following:

Click one anchor, Right Click and choose (cut? Cut Out?):

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-10 um 14.42.33.png

Then the anchor will be copied and deleted in one step.

Click inside the textbook, right before the first letter and paste it into this textbook at this point.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-10 um 14.43.22.png

You could also paste it into the headline box/capture box: History & Leadership.

It could get a little tricky, because the anchor has to be at a certain spot. But with "space before" setting this in the text-opti

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you use fluid width breakpoints. That would mean that your anchor links do not react responsive as your elements.

Is that the case? If not we would ask for a .muse by following these suggestions:

Please Provide a .muse File to Help Us Fixing Your Issue!

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using fluid breakpoints. My max site and master page width is 960px, with a fluid breakpoint at 960px down to 769px.  To this point, I have only put anchors tags on the 960 breakpoint and the links do not work even at the full page width. Does that even matter?

From your comment, I assume that you can only use anchor tags to different pages that have fixed width breakpoints?  That would be a real bummer to chose between using anchor tags or having a fluid page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that might be the case. Ther´s one way to solve this, if you put the anchors inside a text frame – text boxes move/behave responsive as well and so does the anchor inside a text box.

But, it depends on your layout/design, if this "works" for you.

Share a link, we can have a look.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the muse file and see what you think. I parsed it down to 2 pages and the Master page.  Don't laugh at my amateur design work.  I am a hobbyist mostly.  Thanks for your help figuring this out.

Dropbox - Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To work with fluid width breakpoints and anchors you can do the following:

Click one anchor, Right Click and choose (cut? Cut Out?):

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-10 um 14.42.33.png

Then the anchor will be copied and deleted in one step.

Click inside the textbook, right before the first letter and paste it into this textbook at this point.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-10 um 14.43.22.png

You could also paste it into the headline box/capture box: History & Leadership.

It could get a little tricky, because the anchor has to be at a certain spot. But with "space before" setting this in the text-options-panel, this should be manageable.

I recommend to test this out on an extra page with extra headline/capture and as sonn as you know your settings do the same to your already almost finished page.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines