• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu Item height changes when adding / removing pages

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - kind of new to this... So excuse me if I am overlooking a simple fix - but when using

a 'vertical menus widget' I am having trouble keeping the size of the menu item / housing bar

consistent when adding or subtracting pages from the site plan - add pages it shrinks in

vertical height - delete pages it grows. Have tried  both uniform size / uniform spacing in options

as well as various parts positioning options. IF Graphic styles are applied it also occurs....

Any help would be gratefully received... Thanks and Best - Julian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

This is normal behaviour of vertical menus.

The height, which is defined in the beginning stays fixed, and the menu entries share this area. In other words:

If your vertical menu has a height of 300 px and only one menu entry, this entry will have a height of 300 px too.

If you have two entries, each one will have a height of 150 px (150px x 2 = 300).

If you have three entries, each one will have a height of 100 px (100px x 3 = 300).

This is the way, Muse works and it helps, to define the dimensions,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Julian,

It works as expected at my end.

With "uniform size option the widget's size remains intact and the height of particular menu label increases or decreases accordingly.

However, with "uniform spacing" option it goes totally opposite and does what you are asking for!

Can you please check once again and share some visual references with us like a screenshot or a video to depict the issue?

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ankush - Thanks so much for responding - much appreciated,

maybe its something I have set up incorrectly but i have just started

from scratch, and it happened again — so made some screenshots

attached as single file that I hope demonstrate the issue i seem to be facing.

Your help and time are much appreciated.

Best - Julian

Menu_Item_height changes_Example.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could really follow ankushr40215001​, and watch out the flyout (blue arrow) menu options panel. See screenshot –

I added four pages , set up my two different setupped menus (uniform spaces and/or size – I called them equal distance / equal size, but,  hey I´m a native German Swabian, so don`t blame me for that ), deleted all pages except one and watch the result:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-20 um 21.53.34.png

This should explain what happened to you, not your fault, though. Simply setup your menu at the end, when you have the desired number of pages.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for taking the time to help - much appreciated - Best - Julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to my screenshots below.

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal behaviour of vertical menus.

The height, which is defined in the beginning stays fixed, and the menu entries share this area. In other words:

If your vertical menu has a height of 300 px and only one menu entry, this entry will have a height of 300 px too.

If you have two entries, each one will have a height of 150 px (150px x 2 = 300).

If you have three entries, each one will have a height of 100 px (100px x 3 = 300).

This is the way, Muse works and it helps, to define the dimensions, a menu should have, from the beginning.

Additionally: This is exactly the same behaviour, you see with horizontal menus: The menu items share the width you have defined for the complete menu. Adding a menu item, makes all items smaller in width, deleting an item makes the remaining ones wider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Günter for your time, help and clear explanation - appreciated - Julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ankush - Thanks so much for taking the time to help.

Guess i was approaching it like adding page numbers in and Indesign doc - add them first to

the master then add pages and it says as was - So I was building a menu then adding pages -

and clearly going at it the wrong way round - so now I know... Thanks much - Best - Julian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines