• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu Items Won't Work on Home but will on other pages

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Built my second Muse site, and can't figure out the glitch on my HOME page Menu.

When the HOME page is loaded the menu items won't work UNLESS you select the drop down menu first, click on one of the items in the drop down menu, then go to that page..... THEN the rest of the menus items work fine.

If I load any other PAGE the menu items work fine. Just the HOME page menus are frozen until you select the drop down item (first option next to HOME) first.

This is also happening on the vertical menu I created for the same website at 700/500/320 size.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody will be able to help without a link and/or a small .muse file, shared via Dropbox, CC Files or s similar file sharing service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot the link - thanks for the quick reply.

www.KevinFife.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to test-wise delete all 3rd party widgets (there seem to be quite a lot!), and check, what happens then?

If this changes nothing, please delete all elements on all pages except the menu and share this reduced .muse file with us, using Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service.

You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to figure out the issue.

I am only using one third party widget (it is used on several pages which probably makes it look like a lot of different widgets).

The issue was from a change I started to make in the widget, but then I didn't finish it. (It doesn't come preinstalled with forward and back buttons for the web visitor to use. You have to make your own.) Once I set it back to the original state, everything worked fine. No further issues.

Here's the Widget I used: Responsive Image Slider Widget for Adobe Muse

As a side note:

The widget doesn't come with forward and back buttons installed. You have to create your own to add to the site, which for $7 I wasn't too happy to not to have this already made! I was trying to save myself time by using a ready made widget. Also, there is a glitch in the Widget for Mobile View. Users have to turn the phone horizontal then back to vertical to view the slider correctly. Annoying.

Although the image slider looks nice, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for the price. I could have saved myself a few bucks and designed a better one on my own.

Having tried to use Wordpress for my first websites, I like the creativity that Muse provides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should complain at the vendors: MUSETEMPLATESPRO.COM about this widget. We appreciate it though, that we should take care about this. Could be a chance that they change it, because they don`t know their own glitches.

Could force them to tell users more clearly, watching their widgets, what exactly one needs to use the widgets.

But:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-06 um 07.38.18.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines