• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu sub-pages on desktopsite are re-directed to wrong url on iPhone

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iPhone two sub-pages at www.artsoundstudio.be are re-directed to my personal domain instead of to the page on my clients domain. It's an older site that was converted to current Muse version. It happens only on my iPhone and on the client's iPhone, BUT: There's no phone-version at all and no folder called phone on that domain. Only one non-responsive desktop-version. iPad shows the proper link. iMac also shows the proper link. iPhone does not show the proper link. Instead iPhone goes to a non-existing link on my server: greydog.nlphone.... (without a slash between domain and phone).

The proper links are:

http://www.artsoundstudio.be/studio-1.html

http://www.artsoundstudio.be/jean-pierre-kerkhofs.html

Other links and sub-pages on this site work allright on all devices

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Sometimes it's just simple. I found some "hidden" html-snippets with the above code on the pages with the problem. I removed those snippets. Problem solved 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which subpage behaves wrong? …/studio-1.html?

and

/jean-pierre-kerkhofs.html​ ?

What should we click and what should appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On iPhone at www.artsoundstudio.be click on submenu button:

Rooms > Studio 1

or

Engineers > Jean-Pierre Kerkhofs

What should appear is the same page that is shown on a desktop when you click on above buttons.

What does appear is a non existing page. Error message (Safari can't find the page because the server cannot be found) with re-direct to greydog.nliphone/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also happens in Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adaptive website or responsive website?

I cannot find a phone version and your site is not responsive.

Did you place a redirect in former times onto your server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a static website. There is no phone version of this site. Only a static desktop-version. What you see on your phone should be exactly the same as on your desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu is generated with the standard muse horizontal menu-widget. No hyperlinks were added manually. What you see is one and the same version for all devices. Therefor it's strange that on my desktop the sublinks are correct and on my phone incorrect for the two sublinks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sounds strange. What about, if you delete everything from the ftp-server and upload as of nothing has happened before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... That doesn't solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even more strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried and did delete the existing styled menu widget and replaced it with a new one from the library. Again the same problem keeps appearing. Anyhow. In the near future I will built a new responsive site for Artsound. I think the problem is the conversion from an older site to a new muse version. Last time I did update this site was somewhere around 2014

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would publish it to Adobe bc as a test site and see if it still links off into hyperspace for iphones... until then I assume an error with the host server is behind it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try another server but I don't think it wil help. If you look into Rooms.html you'll see this code that is generated by Muse:

if ((navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPod/i))) {

location.replace("http://www.squadnederweert.nl/iphone/index.html");

}

squadnederweert.nl is a previous domain of mine where this website originally was created. I think in the past I wanted to create a phone-version but also deleted this version because I at the time I couldn't finish it right away.

I will also try and copy/paste the pages into a new document. See if that gets rid of the code above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did copy/paste all pages to a new site. However the code still existed on 4 pages. To resolve the problem I deleted the code with dreamweaver. Now it works correct. However somehow this code still is generated within Muse while there's no phone version of the site. And it's only in the pages with a sub-menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it's just simple. I found some "hidden" html-snippets with the above code on the pages with the problem. I removed those snippets. Problem solved 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tschagga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines