• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu widget and Child pages

Participant ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just feeling my way round Muse, so please bear with me. I have looked in various help sources and can't find an answer to this.

I have a few pages which, when I use the menu Widget, produces the top level menu. That's as I expected. I can switch the menu type to all pages and that produces drop down menus for the child and grandchild levels which is not what I want.

Difficult to explain this so I hope I am making myself clear!

What I am after is this

Top level, a HOme page with a menu leading to three other pages -            Item 1     Item 2     Item 3

Clicking on item 1 leads to an introductory page (child) from which I have a choice of 3 lower level pages (grand children)

Home   Item 1     Item 2     Item 3

|

Intro page

|------------|-----------|

Data 1       Data 2    Data 3

If I select Intro page and add the menu widget I want it to display the three Data pages. However what I get is the Top level menu.

Is there a way to get the automatic menus for child and grandchild levels or does that widget only produce the top level and drop down menu, or do I have to do this by creating lower level menus and links manually?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can customize your muse menu whatever way you want by:

Setting up the menu to be MANUAL (Options > Menu Type > Manual)

That way you can avoid having the top level menu and stick with only the child and grandchild items

Thanks
Toufic Nabi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Toufic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines