• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Menu widget does not hide when device rotated...

Explorer ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I'm trying to work out if this is a muse problem or apple iPad issue....?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks...

Muse_menu_problem.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

I've had to change to an accordion menu widget, seems it doesn't leave any orientation ghosts - so far....

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use: "Hide in breakpoint" for your menu? I am not sure, if this causes your issue – you chose the automatic menu and use all pages not only the top level ones. But normally, if you hide your menu in breakpoint, it should hide completely.

If not, we would need a .muse.

Hope this helps

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe

However it seems the dropdown menu does not adjust correctly when the iPads orientation is changes (without breakpoints).... Works fine on desktop computer...

Muse_menu_problem_2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don`t need breakpoints, why should any device change its layout?

Maybe you could also check via "Developer" in Safari and watch "Change Mode to Responsive Design".

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-29 um 22.26.58.png

Did you upload a provisionally website to BC?

I also recommend this thread, regarding submenu issues:

submenus not centered with top menu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yep tried "responsive design mode" which does not simulate my iPads behaviour...

The act of rotating the iPad with a submenu opened causes its alignment to stick to the previous orientation...?

Thanks for the link but the submenus work fine until orientation on an iPad is made leaving "ghosts" of the previous layout....

http://ipadtest13.businesscatalyst.com/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create breakpoints? Fluid width breakpoints? I highly recommend this thread:

Muse not redirecting to tablet version​  from here:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-20 um 23.50.36.png

This could solve your vertical/horizonztal issue.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with or without breakpoints when the menu widget submenus are activated and then the orientation changed it still leaves a ghost of the previous orientation layout - until the iPad is tapped...

Works perfectly on a desktop browser, which suggests the widgets code does not support orientation changes fully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've had to change to an accordion menu widget, seems it doesn't leave any orientation ghosts - so far....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines