• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrate Windows PC to Mac

Advocate ,
Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about a dozen Muse projects each in it's own folder on a drive on a Windows PC. Each of those folders also include an 'Assets' folder containing . . . well, all the assets. I have also performed a Export to HTML into each of those folders. I do that so I have a complete package that I can FTP to a server if, for some reason the Update to FTP Host were to be a problem.

I have a Hosting Account that I use for hosting + I use it for backup storage. I just upload them to a BU folder where they are parked.

One of the Muse projects is a custom Home page for my browser(s). I copied it to the root of a new MacBook Air, opened it it Muse, made a few small adjustments relative to the small screen. I opened the folder, clicked on the .html. it opened in the browser which I then assigned as the Home/Opening page.

I Now want to migrate all the other Muse project folders to a day old iMac. I imagine doing a simple copy to a Finder|Documents|Muse Projects (or other) folder on the Mac and expect them to be used by Muse on that system.

Any suggestions related to that process will be appreciated. Any possible problems I should look for?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 23, 2017 Dec 23, 2017

Mac and Windows files are a little different but most the time you can get away with just storing them without errors

High Sierra has a bug up its ^&*# about file access and Windows guest accounts are a known nightmare to network... a much safer way to store backups locally is a NAS drive

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac and Windows files are a little different but most the time you can get away with just storing them without errors

High Sierra has a bug up its ^&*# about file access and Windows guest accounts are a known nightmare to network... a much safer way to store backups locally is a NAS drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines