• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration from wordpress to Adobe Muse

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my website https://airsoftconsult.com/ in WordPress and I want to migrate my website to adobe muse. Will I have to recreate the website in adobe muse or is there any method to migrate from to WordPress to adobe muse? Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That one is probably the worst idea as 1) you assume right - you would have to recreate the website in muse which is not as easy as it seems in a first glance AND 2) Muse is under EOL and since 2018 not any further developed and the time will come as it doesn`t show up recording to your OS and to browserupdates as well.

I know that Pinegrow has a WP-setup as well - maybe you should have a look at this as PG is able to use the html from your WP quite smoothly. If you must avoid code you will want to have a glimpse to either sparkleapp (not to confuse with spark from Adobe) or nicepage.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no possible benefit in moving your site from a dynamic, database driven platform with it's own CMS to a static one.  That alone would be self-destructive.  But to make matters worse, you want to use Muse which is outdated, discontinued and unsupported.  A terrible idea! 

If you're looking for ways to make WordPress easier, try one of the WP visual design plugins like Visual Composer or Elementor.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not a good idea to build a new site in Muse. If you want a similar experience to Muse, as fotoroeder suggest, take a look at Sparkle. Sparkle is currently at version 2.8. Version three has been announced and lot's of us are eagerly awaiting its release. I am not permitted to say what is in Version 3 but I have used a beta version, and... wow. Highly worth putting Sparkle in your website building kit now. Getting used to Sparkle in 2.8 will set you up for a simple transition to version 3.

UPDATE 30 July: Sparkle has announced it will be releasing vs 3 in conjunction with Mac OS Big Sur. They are delaying the release to incoroporate Big Sur features into the App. Very exciting.

Chris

sparkle-themes.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would anyone go from WordPress to Sparkle or Muse or any other static site builder?  That's like diving head-first into an empty swimming pool. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One might to downgrade because WP is like shooting with a cannonball to small flies` eyes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines