• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Misalignment between Muse 2018 and Preview in Chrome

Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is preview in Chrome. Everything is nicely aligned in Muse but not on Chrome preview. The names on the pots are not centred and the roof of the greenhouse is wrong but it looks nice in Muse. The pots should be sitting on the shelf.

This will be a busy page because each pot will have a name and a popup/tooltip for a small photo of the dog and the obituary.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Cheryl

Misaligned.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

You have a fluid width breakpoint at 1200 on your master but your elements do not behave responsive at all at this breakpoint on master. You should fix this by adding a minimum width from this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-14 um 22.11.50.png

to this ( btw, this rectangle outside the canvas should not be there):

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-14 um 22.16.10.png

But be aware, while you move this grey scrubber on the right right at the breakpoint bar that there are some more breakpoints necessary. You also have to take care of footer elements, of course.

On the page you mentioned there are those l

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind to share the muse with us? Just this page?

Share it via CC (there´s a folder on your computer called Creative Cloud Files).

Copy the site with only one page into this – you can now either rightclick on the file and share the link or open the folder in a browser.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I share just one page? When I open Website-1.muse. all the pages open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply delete all other pages and all page elements, which are not related to your issue, save the file it under a new name, upload this .muse file to Dropbox, CC Files or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this link work?

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a fluid width breakpoint at 1200 on your master but your elements do not behave responsive at all at this breakpoint on master. You should fix this by adding a minimum width from this:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-14 um 22.11.50.png

to this ( btw, this rectangle outside the canvas should not be there):

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-14 um 22.16.10.png

But be aware, while you move this grey scrubber on the right right at the breakpoint bar that there are some more breakpoints necessary. You also have to take care of footer elements, of course.

On the page you mentioned there are those lines from the house that leave the canvas as soon as the scrubber gets moved:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-14 um 22.20.49.png

I highly recommend to change from fluid width breakpoints to fixed width breakpoints as you will surely struggle with resizing "pots" and resizing "house parts". Let me add, that the house parts get quite tricky to set up between breakpoints.

Maybe it gets bettr, if you create a png in PS and use this for your "house"? But how this will get transferred towards smaller breakpoints? No idea right now, to be honest .

Finally, as we asked for a reduced file, would have been nice to delete the other pages and save your fils as a copy.

It`s not that bad in your case, but anyway it saves download times and analyzing which page should be looked at.

It´s more a general advice to speed up helping times.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Finally, as we asked for a reduced file, would have been nice to delete the other pages and save your fils as a copy."

Uwe, I did try! It was very scary deleting pages but I did delete all pages except Greenhouse. I don't know why when I saved only one page that it saved the whole site again. So many mysteries to me!

I will try to change from fluid to fixed width. Thank you!  And I will experiment with a PS and see if I can create a greenhouse png. Thank you again!

Cheryl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I change Zeus Greenhouse page to Fixed Width and it worked! Thank you!! This is so exciting when something goes right when you are trying to learning something new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep  .  Same happened to me too at the beginning. Believe me. But really this forum (and many others as well) is one of a kind.

Speed and knowledge and the will to help – tremendous.

Great that it works for you, too.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines