Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing files by crawler

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I re-designed an existing muse website and uploaded this to my webspaceas as usally.

All sites are running well. But if I`m checking seo specific attributes with an external crawler, the system could identify only 17 of 53 sites.

• So I checked the html files via fire ftp and find all files and folder.
  • The sitemap.xml shows all urls and images and the robots.txt is alright, too.
  • To exclude errors in the .htaccess, I deactivated the file.
  • So I decided to clean the server and upload the complete files again.... the problem still exits.

My Google listings are gone.... HELP me, please!!
    Kinde regrads, Robert

PS:
    Alle other 12 Domains do not have this problem! Thge crawler is working well and identifies all files of each domain.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  don't understand the question.  What does this mean?

robertk89502149  wrote

All sites are running well. But if I`m checking seo specific attributes with an external crawler, the system could identify only 17 of 53 sites.

What crawler?

What SEO attributes?

What sites?

What has Muse got to do with this?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Helo Nancy.

Thanks for your response. Let me describe some details:

What crawler?

1.) Screamingfrog

2.) Google Search Console
3.) Sistrix, SE Rankingt
4.) different sitemap generators

What seo attributes?

After uploading I`m always testing the indexing of a new site and the meta descriptions, page name, page title, content source code ration, loading time  etc... to observce the organic ranking influnces.

What sites?
1st I thought, it realtes only one domain (www.sellways.net). But as I stated last this night, It relates all customer domains.

What has Muse got to do with this?

This is no the answer a customer expected...

When I create a new site for an existing domain, It shold be part of the website structutre and should be indexed by search engines and any other crawler.  B U T  IT`s NOT!  Google Search Console, Screaming Frog and no other crawler could identify the new data. Parallel I was testing external sitemap generator to check if it is a crawler issue.  The problem is that muse generated sitemap updated the infomation. But external crawler and sitemaps generators are not encluding the new sites. So the sites will be blogged without a special .htaccess command oder bot lock. Do you have any proposales for me. If you like, you can check the url: www.sellways.net

Kind regards, Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2019 Apr 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mostly it will take some time like one, two or even more weeks before any crawler will take notice, that there has something happened.

I have no experience with screaming frog or any other crawlers though. I recommend to have a closer look at your page title and page descriptions which can be edited quite well within Muse. You may have a look at: 5 Essential SEO Tips for Adobe Muse Sites | MuseThemes.com - YouTube

Your page titles are the same as the menu item tells, so it might be more interesting for google and whatever to better describe your site(s)? My screenshot is just one example to show what I mean.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-14 um 14.44.50.png

I hope this helps?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe.

Many thanks.

But this is no explanation for the failed indexing of new sites.

Kind regards, Robert

fotoroeder <forums_noreply@adobe.com> hat am 14. April 2019 um 14:47 geschrieben:

missing files by crawler

created by fotoroeder https://forums.adobe.com/people/fotoroeder in Help with using Adobe Muse - View the full discussion https://forums.adobe.com/message/11028217#11028217

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t understand your issue! The sitemap, which Muse creates, contains all pages of your site.

Check the Muse created sitemap with a text editor and you will see , that your statement „… the system could identify only 17 of 53 sites“ isn’t clear, because all pages (not „sites“) are reflected in the sitemap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A quick check of your site on Google reveals about 88 results.  

If you feel some content is missing , you can ask Google to re-index your site.  But don't do it too often or your site could be be penalized for making too many re-index requests. 

Refer to Google's SEO Starter Guide.

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Starter Guide - Search Console Help

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines