• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

missing files error

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With newest Muse update I keep getting this error when published "Some files on the server may be missing or incorrect. Clear browser cache and try again. If the problem persists please contact website author." on all browsers! I have put some code in as a work-around, but I fear this will also cause issues. Has anyone else had this problem? Is this being addressed? I have several landing pages that have to go live next week.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017
  • This may happen, if there is a conflict between expected data and existing data. If this is the case, use Muse’s „Publish“ command instead of a third party FTP application. If necessary, choose the export option „All files“ instead of „Only Modified Files“ in the FTP Upload dialog
  • This may also happen, if your browser has cached data, which conflict with data newly uploaded to the server. Normally in this case it helps, to clear the browser cache.
  • Sometimes this alert occurs, if there is a conflic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The main reason for Missing files error is due to a genuine reason wherein, due to the difference in the files being uploaded and what is present on the server, Muse is warning that there is a mismatch on what is getting previewed currently in the browser.

The problem is – This error shows up on the client side in the browser, which is not good.

To avoid showing up on your client browser side, we have included a preference where you now have an option to suppress the message through pref settings.

Please try if below solution works for you and let us know if it resolves your issue:

1) Try clearing your browser cache

2) Try deleting muse preferences folder

AppPrefs.xml can be located on your machines at:

Win : C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC Prerelease\2017.0

Mac : Library > Preferences > Adobe > Adobe Muse CC Prerelease > 2017.0

By default, this preference key would be set to false

<key>SuppressMissingFileError</key><false/>

If you really want to suppress it, then you need to change this key to true (as shown below)

<key>SuppressMissingFileError</key><true/>

We suggest you set this preference to true only for your production environment. You should keep it false during your development and testing phase of the website, otherwise, even genuine cases will get by-passed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• This may happen, if there is a conflict between expected data and existing data. If this is the case, use Muse’s „Publish“ command instead of a third party FTP application. If necessary, choose the export option „All files“ instead of „Only Modified Files“ in the FTP Upload dialog
  • This may also happen, if your browser has cached data, which conflict with data newly uploaded to the server. Normally in this case it helps, to clear the browser cache.
  • Sometimes this alert occurs, if there is a conflict between the data newly uploaded to the server and a caching mechanism provided by the hosting server.

If you don’t get rid of this alert, when you have cleared your browser cache, and you are sure, that really no file is missing, you may edit the file "AppPrefs.xml“:

• Close Muse (this is important).
  • Find the file „AppPrefs.xml“ on your machine.

On Windows go to "C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC Prerelease\2017.0"

On a Mac go to menu „Go/Go to Folder …“ and give in or better copy the following line and paste it into the „Go to Folder“ dialog.

~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Adobe Muse CC/2017.0/appPrefs.xml

Don’t forget the "~" at first place!

• Open “AppPrefs.xml" with a text editor and change

<key>SuppressMissingFileError</key>

<false/>

to

<key>SuppressMissingFileError</key>

<true/>

• Save this file as pure text again.
  • Open Muse again. Muse will now read this new preference data and assure its output data, that the browser won’t show the „Missing Files“ alert again, until you revert your changes within „AppPref.xml"
  • Don’t forget to publish your site again.
  • To make sure, that no outdated data are residing in your browser’s cache, clear it a last time.

Now open your site. All should be ok now.

PS: Because many Mac users don’t find the correct library despite the above description and in consequence will not find the file „AppPrefs.xml“ too: here a short visualisation of this process:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fix in Prefs ..False to TRUE! Did the trick!!!!!!!

Thank god I was running out of things to tell the client! Ugh....we love you MUSE but please fix this little thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I waited a while to install the most current release. And after I did I am immediately having this problem again, too. (I remedied the problem by installing a third party widget.)

Muse continues to be a "love/hate" relationship for me. When opening and editing an existing project I ALWAYS first save it under a new name, just in case. Sorry to rant, but I really hate the uneasy feeling I get when using Muse, because it just doesn't seem like a stable product to me. Since I installed the latest release, Muse has crashed 4 or 5 times in the first week. The version before that ran just fine for months with no crashes, and no "missing files errors".

I know my friend Günter will probably remind me that most of the things that cause muse to "react funny" are due to user error - and I guess that's true - alot of my problems come from "sloppy use". Nevertheless, I still have that "queasy Muse feeling", if you know what I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this!  I just spent 3 hours trying to figure out why I was getting a "connection to PHP failed" after uploading to ftp when I have no forms on my site, nor is in-browser editing enabled. Never got these errors before this latest Muse update. The entire website kept getting files missing/contact author errors when opening every page.  Seems to be fixed now with this re-coding in preferences suggestion.

Adobe, please fix this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an Adobe fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines