• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile Device Orientation Alert - Widget ?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i am looking for a widget (or another possibility) to give users an orientation alert (turn it into landspace view) for my website, since the layout doesn't properly show in portrait view.

I found this Link but it's not working anymore:

https://musewidgets.com/products/orientation-widget

Anybody know of an alternative?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

There was once a very good advice from Ussnorway​​ to use icons for each device and link to them.

This would need adaptive design. If you use responsive design, the next question is obvious:

Why does your design doesn´t show up properly in portrait view?

Could you provide a link at first to watch? Maybe, although I´m quite sure, we provide suggestions to solve your issue.

If you use responsive design already and use breakpoints, you could create a button for these portrait view to let people know th

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was once a very good advice from Ussnorway​​ to use icons for each device and link to them.

This would need adaptive design. If you use responsive design, the next question is obvious:

Why does your design doesn´t show up properly in portrait view?

Could you provide a link at first to watch? Maybe, although I´m quite sure, we provide suggestions to solve your issue.

If you use responsive design already and use breakpoints, you could create a button for these portrait view to let people know that they should turn their tablet, phone, (desktop ) to landscape view. You could then hide this button in other breakpoints, that fit to your needs. This would, unfortunately, not be 100% reliable as you do not know how users use their devices and  what kind of devices they use.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines