Exit

Mobile Site scrolling left

Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Muse lovers

Got a bit of a problem here.

So I have completed my website for my customer.

Instead of using breaking points I've used alternative layouts for the different devices which the website will preview on.

Now I don't know why but on the Mobile version when scrolling some pages scrolling like 200 pixels to the left showing the background which is a solid blank colour which looks ugly. When you land on the page it covers the screen as designed but, as soon as you scroll i moves to the left a little which shows the gap on the side.

I want it so that the mobile and tablet version no matter what only scrolls up or down, and only scrolling left right up down (all the directions) if he user has done pinch to zoom.

How do I solve this one guys?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

I looked at your file. When you create a site with alternative layouts, you must select a fixed width layout.

33a4e5746f.png

The fluid width layout has a  problem with the viewport scaling when using fixed breakpoints in it. Reset your existing site will be more difficult than creating a new one with a fixed width and copying everything there. Do this and problems should not be. And do not use breakpoints at all if you are doing a site with alt layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you the dwnload lnk for the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at your file. When you create a site with alternative layouts, you must select a fixed width layout.

33a4e5746f.png

The fluid width layout has a  problem with the viewport scaling when using fixed breakpoints in it. Reset your existing site will be more difficult than creating a new one with a fixed width and copying everything there. Do this and problems should not be. And do not use breakpoints at all if you are doing a site with alt layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are telling me I should copy and paste the graphics from my file to a new website design?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple copy and paste will copy all attributes and positioning? or do I have to do it in a different way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up a new page with the same width and height. Copy page by page. In the old page, press ctrl + A, ctrl + C, in the new page, right click> Paste in place

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK the typical way.

Will do it and update the post shortly.

Thank you Pavel!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Pavel your solution didn't work.

That wasnt this fixed.

What fixed it was the actual text box.

As the site adjusted the width for the screen the text boxes were stick they weren't set to Responsive Width.

After making the box smaller than the set minimum width, and setting images (the ones that didnt have the setting) to Responsive Width solved the problem.

Thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Provide this new file. And provide screenshots of the problem. If possible, please provide links directly in this topic, not in PM. Perhaps someone else from the community experts can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines