Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Monthly Subscription - Adobe Muse

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

My website was built on Adobe Muse and has always been updated through purchasing a monthly subscription. However, this option does not seem to be available anymore.

I am aware of the end of service announcement for Adobe Muse. Is this the reason for the monthly subscription no longer being available?

I don't want to purchase an annual CC plan just to make a few simple changes to my website so I'm wondering what my options are.

Thanks for your assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Adobe is no longer selling Muse as a single app to new subscribers because it's EOL.   For obvious reasons, they are not promoting Muse on their website. 

Going forward, Muse and other EOL apps like Fireworks can be obtained through the Full Apps CC plan if you cick on the Preference option to Show Older Apps.  This option is turned off by default probably to discourage users from EOL products that may not work well on the latest operating systems.

If you're currently subscribed to Muse and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

It's now the end of March 2020 and Muse support has officially ended. 

Going forward, you must have a paid Creative Cloud All Apps plan to keep using Muse. If you don't see it in your CC Desktop App, click the gear icon.  Click the Apps tab.  Under settings, tick the box to Show Older Apps. See screenshot.

Creative Cloud Desktop SettingsCreative Cloud Desktop Settings

But obviously, it would be best to migrate all projects to new software that is in active development.

Brackets

Visual Studio Code

Dreamweaver

Pinegrow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Adobe Creative Cloud​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be this threads helps: Buy a definitive license of Muse .

I also couldn't find Muse to buy. I suppose that selling Muse would engage responsibilities that Adobe is no more expecting to take.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abambo.

The other thread does seem to imply that I'd need to purchase an annual subscription which I'm not going to do as I only use Adobe Muse.

Looks like I might need to rebuild the website elsewhere ASAP, which I knew I'd have to do in the long term but was hoping not yet.

Hopefully Adobe can offer a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tomd97031245  wrote

Looks like I might need to rebuild the website elsewhere ASAP, which I knew I'd have to do in the long term but was hoping not yet.

Hopefully Adobe can offer a solution

Well, at least a monthly. You can try that, if Muse is not included, you can cancel during the first 14 days for a full refund. It may be, however, that you need to tick in the CC app Preferences->Creative Cloud the "Show older Apps".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have Adobe Muse in my app list although when I try to open it I'm prompted to renew my subscription.

What are you suggesting? That I get all apps on a monthly plan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing as it's impossible to get any support on this over the phone, it would be good if someone from Adobe could tell me what my options are.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is no longer selling Muse as a single app to new subscribers because it's EOL.   For obvious reasons, they are not promoting Muse on their website. 

Going forward, Muse and other EOL apps like Fireworks can be obtained through the Full Apps CC plan if you cick on the Preference option to Show Older Apps.  This option is turned off by default probably to discourage users from EOL products that may not work well on the latest operating systems.

If you're currently subscribed to Muse and it's running out soon, you will probably receive a renewal reminder by e-mail.  Did you receive one yet?   If yes, you should take up that renwal offer.  I don't know of any other way to get Muse as a single app.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support: Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is all moot - Muse is going away in lieu of XD. Hosting services are also ending:

End of service for Adobe Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kstohlmeyer1  wrote

This is all moot - Muse is going away in lieu of XD. Hosting services are also ending:

End of service for Adobe Muse

In all fairness, it's not moot if you're heavily invested in Muse for editing current projects.  Muse projects cannot be maintained in XD which is (as of this writing) a prototyping tool.  Adobe Spark falls way short of what most Muse site owners need and cannot be used for existing projects.  Most Musers have hosted their websites on other commercial servers outside of Business Catalyst. 

While it's true that one can export a MU file to HTML, it's a mixed bag of tricks, mostly bad.  The code Muse generates is horrible to work with in code editors.   The best long term strategy is to rebuild the Muse site with another web authoring tool that utilizes native web technologies and W3C compliant HTML, CSS and JS code.   But in the meantime, Musers need access to Muse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Thanks very much for your reply. This makes things clearer.

My problem is that it's not really worth me getting all apps as I currently only use Adobe Muse. I don't remember any of this being part of Adobe's announcement so it comes as a surprise that I can no longer edit my website.

It would be good to speak to someone at Adobe to see if anything can be done but they seem to make this pretty difficult

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a Google search for Contact Adobe.  Use the phone number for your region and call during normal business hours, Mon - Fri.

Or contact Adobe Customer Care via online chat.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea I am being fair. I used to use Muse extensively for both personal and client projects and maintained sites on both Business Catalyst and other sites. I was so disappointed in the announcement but know where this leads.

Much like Fireworks, Adobe has moved past Muse (or there are better options from other companies).

While you can still stick with Fireworks and stand still in a time warp, you are only delaying the inevitable - one day it will not work and unless you planned ahead and began converting you will lose your work.

We've seen it before and should learn from the past. Once EOL is announced it is a company's way to give you fair warning.

Better to convert to a new long term solution now than procrastinate or worse yet, dig in your heels and entrench in old technology.

Yes, it is painful and it sucks but it's a better alternative than losing everything including clients due to lack of innovation or stubbornness.

My 2 cents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't disagree with you.  Fortunately, I didn't get warm & fuzzy about Muse.  I prefer having full access to code.  But the Muse plug won't be officially pulled until 2020.  So I think Adobe should keep the single app option alive until then.   It's a lot to ask Musers to pay for a full apps plan when the only tool they use is Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's now the end of March 2020 and Muse support has officially ended. 

Going forward, you must have a paid Creative Cloud All Apps plan to keep using Muse. If you don't see it in your CC Desktop App, click the gear icon.  Click the Apps tab.  Under settings, tick the box to Show Older Apps. See screenshot.

Creative Cloud Desktop SettingsCreative Cloud Desktop Settings

But obviously, it would be best to migrate all projects to new software that is in active development.

Brackets

Visual Studio Code

Dreamweaver

Pinegrow

Webflow

Without Code

and others have been discussed as Muse alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines