• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mosaic type display of our company clients on our business website.

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Hoping someone may be able to offer a bit of advice as I'm relatively new to Muse.

I want to display a mosaic type display of our company clients on our business website.  I've tried displaying them using the standard widget slideshows / thumbnails which is great for displaying the logo but I don't need the additional functionality (hero image) etc..  I simply just want the logos within a table so they are all neatly aligned and respond correctly.

Am I over complicating things?  Is there a really simple way to do this so it responds as needed?

Many thanks,

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Just as I said: If you follow my suggestion in my first answer all works well!

Your mistake: The first and second image in the row are set up as "not scaling". The other five images/image frames scale proportionally.

If you correct the behaviour of the the first images, all works as expected.

Here your file with some modifications: https://www.dropbox.com/s/52birz5m5vxowqg/image-grid.zip?dl=0

Two annotations:

• In fact, there is a small bug with image scaling, but this doesn’t affect your example.
  • Dynam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a grid of "image containers" using the "crossed out" rectangle tool.

Make sure, that all rectangles are of exactly(!) the same size and placed exactly(!) without any overlapping side by side.

When you are ready, place your images directly into these image containers using the cmd+D command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

My only concern is when previewed on a web browser and the page is reduced in size the logos bump into one another - how do I prevent this from happening??

Happy to send a view example if that would help?

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this would help a lot! Create a small(!) example site, upload the .muse file to Dropbox or a similar filesharing ice and post the download link here. Then we talk again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - here you go 🙂

Dropbox - EXAMPLE.muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as I said: If you follow my suggestion in my first answer all works well!

Your mistake: The first and second image in the row are set up as "not scaling". The other five images/image frames scale proportionally.

If you correct the behaviour of the the first images, all works as expected.

Here your file with some modifications: https://www.dropbox.com/s/52birz5m5vxowqg/image-grid.zip?dl=0

Two annotations:

• In fact, there is a small bug with image scaling, but this doesn’t affect your example.
  • Dynamic repositioning of elements in Muse can be quite difficult to set up: There are many situations, which make it impossible for Muse, which element should push which other element up or down. These problems definitely are resolvable, but should be discussed, when such problems occur. If you encounter such an issue,
  • Do the following: Create a new site with only one page and only a few elements, which demonstrate the issue, or reduce your existing site to only one typical page, containing a few elements, which demonstrate your issue. (This is necessary, because it saves download- and analysing-time). Upload this .muse file (without assets) to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look. Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great thank you, I knew I was over complicating things 🙂

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines